Senior Director: Physical Planning & Facilities Management (KZN) (5-Yr Fixed-Term Contract)
Durban – KwaZulu Natal
TAKE charge of strategic management & direction of physical planning and capital project initiatives as the next Senior Director sought by a reputable Tertiary Institution for its Physical Planning & Facilities Management division. This will include the planning, preservation and physical development of all current and future facility requirements. The successful incumbent will require Matric/Grade 12, a Master’s Degree in the fields of Built Environment or Civil Engineering with at least 15 years’ suitable work experience of which 5 years must be Managerial experience in a multidisciplinary operations environment. You will also require Professional Membership with statutory bodies such as SACPMP, SACAP, ECSA, SAQS, SAFMA, etc. Please note this is a 5-year Fixed Term Renewable Contract.
- The physical planning and capital project initiatives which includes the planning, preservation and physical development of all current and future facility requirements.
- All maintenance planning, execution and operations across buildings and physical plant.
- The development, project management and implementation of all new builds, refurbishments, renovations and infrastructure development of a capital nature, major or minor works nature, across the building premises within affordability limits and budget.
- Custodial services of grounds maintenance, cleaning of facilities across all five campuses.
- Sustainability initiatives related to utilities planning and implementation.
- Matric / Grade 12.
- Masters’ Degree (Built Environment or Civil Engineering).
- Professional Registration with a professional statutory body, i.e., SACPCMP, SACAP, ECSA, SAQS, SAFMA etc.
- A minimum of 15 years’ relevant work experience of which 5 years should be Managerial experience in a multidisciplinary operations environment.