Senior Digital Product Designer
IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape
A dynamic Digital Design Studio driven by research & strategy seeks the expertise of a Senior Digital Product Designer to join its team. Your core role will be to lead the execution of digital design projects, working closely with the internal team to blend user needs and business goals into a seamless digital experience. You will need to be an empathetic leader with a strong design intuition to help build and grow the best digital design function globally. You will need to demonstrate a proven track record of creating designs that have successfully blended user needs with business goals and have 6+ years of relevant work and managerial experience.
- Collaborate with the team to meet and exceed the design needs for various client requirements.
- Manage a team of Designers, giving reviews and give clear direction and feedback.
- Impart knowledge on user-centred design best practice to the team, the client and development partners.
- Lead the design of large-scale digital projects.
- Build presentations, craft documentation and deliver asset kits to Developers and other team members.
- Understand client needs and convincingly present a direction.
- Support in the pitch process — both with creative ideation and designing presentations.
- Responsible for design delivery, ensuring on-time and on-budget project success.
- Collaborate with the Founders to define a strategic vision for the business, helping focus the team on growth and success.
- Assist with hiring and developing more designers as the business grows.
- Represent the company publicly in the ways that feel natural to you: writing, speaking and running events in order to share what we do.
- More than 6 years’ suitable work and managerial experience.
- A design geek with an eye for details and a passion for bringing digital ideas to life.
- You are comfortable with working closely with Developers.
- A visually strong designer and multifaceted creative thinker — able to both lead and execute.
- In-depth understanding for the web, best practices, and accessibility.
- You care about design all the way from a strategic level down to design details and getting the pixels right.
- You inspire and motivate people to do their best work fully aligned with business goals.
- You are deadline driven and a self-starter.
- You know how to grow new leaders.
- You are intensely customer and quality focussed.
- You love change and how to manage it.
- You are a skilled communicator and know how to effectively present your ideas and work both internally and to clients.
- You really understand how software is built and how design can make an impact for client’s requirements.