Senior DevOps Engineer
IT – Software Development ~ IT – Infrastructure
Cape Town – Western Cape
YOUR technical expertise & ability to quickly grasp complex concepts and technologies as a Senior DevOps Engineer is sought by a dynamic provider of innovative Search Engine Marketing Solutions. You will serve as a key member of the DevOps team and be responsible for the administration of the cloud native ecosystem that powers publishing platforms: including the design, implementation, troubleshooting, monitoring, security and maintenance required to meet the high availability SLAs clients expect. You will require a relevant University Degree/Diploma with 5+ years’ prior DevOps work experience, 3 years’ experience working with containers in production & Git, 2 years’ Kubernetes, 1 year Helm experience and an in-depth understanding of the cloud native space. You must also have AWS including CF, ELB, S3, EC2 and have designed & implemented complex CI/CD solutions on Kubernetes in production.
- Guide the DevOps Team through the definition and execution of distributed solutions on top of Kubernetes to achieve a goal of 99.9% availability for clients.
- Design and work on the implementation of our custom, cloud native, PaaS solution with the goal of providing the best user experience to the Development and QA teams.
- Use GitOps best practices to achieve continuous deployment on a global scale.
- Contribute to the architecture of automated build and deployment systems.
- Maintain detailed, up-to-date documentation of internal system assets.
- Stay abreast of changes to current technology and how it could improve processes at the company.
- Co-ordinate with cross-functional experts throughout the company to validate and develop new insights.
- Work closely with external providers to troubleshoot system issues.
- Participate in On-call rotation for publishing platform.
- University Degree or Diploma in related field.
- 5+ Years previous DevOps experience.
- 3 Years of experience working with containers in production.
- 3 Years of experience working with Git.
- 2 Years of experience working with Kubernetes in production.
- 1 Year of experience working with Helm.
- Have demonstrated an in-depth understanding of the cloud native space.
- Designed and implemented complex CI/CD solutions on Kubernetes in production.
- Have experience with AWS, including CF, ELB, S3, EC2 and more.
Strong consideration will be given to candidates that also offer the following –
- 2 Years of experience writing CM/CI/CD tools in Python or Go.
- 2 Years of experience administrating Observability stacks: Prometheus, Grafana stack, Elastic, Loki, New relic, OpenTelemetry.
- Familiar with the GitOps paradigm.
- 1 Year of experience working with Rancher in production.
- A strong understanding of CM and the CI/CD methodology.
- Familiar with writing complex Bash scripts.
- Skilled experience working in a Linux environment.
- Have written custom Kubernetes operators.
- Experience writing Terraform modules for Openstack infrastructure.
- Excellent communication skills, accustomed to share knowledge internally or to other areas.
- Experience mentoring and guiding other people or team members.
- Familiar with SRE paradigm, blameless and RCA.
- Expert analytical and data-driven decision-making skills.
- Creative thinking and motivated self-starter with an ability to quickly grasp complex concepts and technologies.
- Comfortable leading projects from start to finish with minimal supervision.
- Strong ability to work within aggressive and dynamic timelines.
- Excellent team player and positive contributor to the culture of the business.