Senior DevOps Engineer
IT – Software Development
Johannesburg – Gauteng
A Premier custom software and product development IT company, delivering custom-made solutions for large enterprises as well as dynamic start-ups is looking for their next senior DevOps Engineer to join their team. The successful candidate must have a minimum of 5 years or more of work experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role.
Designing DevOps Strategy
- Recommend a migration and consolidation strategy for DevOps tools.
- Design and implement an Agile work management approach.
- Make a quality strategy.
- Design a secure development process.
- Create a tool integration strategy.
Implementing DevOps Development Processes
- Design a version control strategy.
- Integrate source control.
- Manage building infrastructure.
- Implement code flow.
- Implement a mobile DevOps strategy.
- Managing application configuration and secrets.
Implementing Continuous Integration
- Manage code quality and security policies.
- Implement a container build strategy.
- Implement a building strategy.
Implementing Continuous Delivery
- Design a release strategy.
- Set up a release management workflow.
- Implement an appropriate deployment pattern.
Implementing Dependency Management
- Design a dependency management strategy.
- Manage security and compliance.
Implementing Application Infrastructure
- Design an infrastructure and configuration management strategy.
- Implement Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Manage Azure Kubernetes Service infrastructure.
- Implement infrastructure compliance and security.
Implementing Continuous Feedback
- Recommend and design system feedback mechanisms.
- Implement a process for routing system feedback to development teams.
- Optimize feedback mechanisms.
- Minimum 5 years or more of work experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role
- Love of all things software development
- Good knowledge of C#
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL
- Microsoft Azure / DevOps relevant certifications
- Solid experience in Microsoft Azure cloud services and Azure Kubernetes Service infrastructure
- Ability to give input into innovative solutions.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Ability to work in a team environment.