Senior Design Engineer “C” (Umhlanga)
Engineering/Technical ~ IT – Software Development
Durban – KwaZulu Natal
A UK-based provider of cutting-edge Safety & Security Solutions seeks the technical expertise of a Senior Design Engineer to join its Umhlanga team. The position is within the Research & Development Department with the primary objective of design, development, qualification, and implementation of general electronic hardware/firmware projects according to customer and/or company specific requirements. You must possess a BSc/Diploma in Electronic Engineering/Computer Engineering with 4 years’ experience in a Design Engineering including Schematic capture, high end PCB design, System design with signal and power integrity analysis, Firmware Development, proven background in embedded C or C derived langue development for microcontrollers, RTOS experience, Linux preferred.
- Design and develop hardware, set-to-work of new hardware and testing.
- Embedded firmware and software development.
- Participate and/or lead design review sessions.
- Generate production data packs.
- Participate in design and reliability testing of new products.
- Simulations of designs when applicable.
- Program complex electronics.
- Perform system safety analyses.
- Test and update designs as required.
- Maintain design through the product life cycle.
- Create testing procedures in preparation for product certification and volume production.
- Liaise with external technology partners.
- Provide technical support of products and systems to sales, manufacturing, suppliers, technology partners, customers etc.
- Diploma in Electronic Engineering, OR BSc Electronic Engineering OR BSc Computer Engineering.
- 4 Years’ experience in a Design Engineering role.
- Schematic capture, high end PCB design.
- System design with signal and power integrity analysis.
- Firmware Development, proven background in embedded C or C derived langue development for microcontrollers.
- RTOS experience, Linux preferred.
- Hardware debugging and development (closely linked to SW/FW development).
- Familiarity with ECAD, particularly Altium.
- Basic mechanical design capability and ability to operate 3D printer to generate prototypes.
- Automotive technologies.
- Experience developing iOT products.
- Advanced math knowledge including calculus help to design, analyse and troubleshoot designs.
- MATLAB experience.
- Innovative, ability to showing initiative and keeping up with advancements in Electronics.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Passion, enthusiasm.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to work in a team or independently.