Senior Credit Risk Analyst
Cape Town – Western Cape
RUN statistical models to forecast portfolio risk and monitor trends as your strong business acumen as a Senior Credit Risk Analyst is sought by an innovative Retail Financial Services Provider. Your core role will be to contribute to the management of Credit Risk by providing information and analytical support for the effective monitoring and control of risk exposure for an assigned portfolio. The successful incumbent must possess a Bachelor’s tertiary qualification in Commerce/Science or Humanities with a focus on Statistics, IT, Economics, Mathematics, or similar. You will also require 5 years’ work experience in the following: Credit Risk analysis on lending products; preparing data-driven credit policy recommendations and data manipulation using SAS, SQL or other data analysis tools.
- Production of risk reports as part of the monthly risk reporting processes.
- Align risk reporting to meet Shareholder requirements.
- Perform standard and ad-hoc statistical analysis to investigate trends and to support Credit Risk decisions.
- Undertake analysis to determine the impact of strategy changes to application and account management strategies.
- Present ideas via reports and presentations, outline findings and make recommendations for improvements to business stakeholders.
- Investigate data integrity issues, test assumptions and validate analytical results, ensuring accuracy and sensitivity of findings.
- Run statistical models to forecast portfolio risk and monitor trends.
- Test the implementation of strategy changes to live decisioning systems.
- Forecast and monitor credit market trends using statistical techniques.
- Assist with scorecard monitoring.
- A Bachelor’s qualification in Commerce, Science, or Humanities with a focus on Statistics, IT, Economics, Mathematics, or similar.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the following:
- Credit Risk analysis on lending products.
- Preparation of data-driven credit policy recommendations for senior management.
- Data manipulation and analysis using SAS, SQL or other data analysis tools.
- Business acumen.
- Numeric and analytical skills.
- Strong understanding of the business’ processes and ways in which to continuously improve them.
- Strong presentation skills (written, verbal and presentation-related).
- Bad debt provisioning techniques.
- Financial and / or Retail Credit / Collections experience.
- Clarity and simplicity of communication.
- Articulate, rational, coherent and persuasive.
- Disciplined, business focused delivery and impact astute.
- Effective relationship management and collaboration skills.