Senior Copywriter (JHB)
Johannesburg – Gauteng
A cutting-edge UK-based Tech Group is looking for a Senior Copywriter with flair, creative spirit, and great attention to detail to work in an online marketing environment. The ideal candidate should be able to generate standalone copy, or text to complement visual concepts created by the design department, across many platforms, including:
• Websites. • Emails. • Social media and blogs • Press releases. • Reviews. • B2B letters. • Articles. • Brochures. • Direct Mail Campaigns and Concepts. • And implement your SEO experience. • Customer Segmentation. The role will involve using feedback from colleagues to sharpen writing skills and deliver finished pieces that attract and persuade. All copies should adhere to the objectives of the project, staying within the brief and being completely grammatically accurate. The candidate will be expected to develop his/her skills, expanding their obvious passion to play with words. This is not your average 9-5 job. We’re looking for a talented, organised and energetic individual who will thrive in a busy, highly pressured environment. A keen interest in learning, plus talent along with an excellent track record will give you a head start.
As part of a dynamic creative team, it will be necessary to adapt to established best practice procedures across a multitude of systems and the successful candidate will have no problem learning and embracing these procedures and systems.
- Creating interesting, relevant, and engaging content for relevant platforms.
- Writing copy for a variety of brand websites.
- Updating content and graphics to websites via CMS.
- Writing interesting copy for electronic newsletters and emails.
- Writing blog posts and affiliate press releases.
- Copy checking.
- An understanding of social media and how to effectively use this to drive web traffic.
- Strong writing skills; both long and short form copy.
- Identify with brands and conceptualise strategies to communicate their message to their target markets.
- Understand brand identity and apply the correct voice for each brand.
- Be exposed to a multitude of leading social media channel marketing strategies and how best to employ the tools of the trade.
- A relevant Copywriting qualification.
- Three+ years relevant experience in a media/marketing environment.
- Must be up to date with current trends and know what is hip and happening on a local and global level.
- A solid understanding and experience customer journeys.
- A meticulous eye for copy checking.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to multitask on several projects.
- Excellent admin and reporting skills.
- SEO Writing and implementation is imperative.
- Understand Customer Journey is imperative.
- Social media and blogs.
- Press Releases.
- B2B letters.
- Direct Mail Campaign.
- SEO experience.
- Be self-motivated and show initiative but also able to follow guidance.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to conceptualise the bigger picture.
- Above all, have a burning passion for digital!
- A passion for attention to detail.
- Very organised and the ability to plan or schedule priorities.
- Practice accountability and be able to self-manage.
- Good at Multitasking.
- Juggling various brands at once.
- Pedantic about deadlines.
- Adaptable to change.
- Have a meticulous eye for detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Candidate must be hungry for growth and willing to learn.