Senior Compass Configurer
IT – Software Development
Johannesburg – Gauteng
A Premier custom software and product development IT company, delivering custom-made solutions for large enterprises as well as dynamic start-ups is seeking to employ a Senior Compass Configurer. The purpose of the role is to understand the business requirement, build configurable solutions on COMPASS (the FIS® Policy administration Suite), evaluate the solution and write functional specifications for the interfacing systems that integrate with COMPASS. Minimum 5 years’ experience in business requirements analysis. You must have a minimum of 5 years of specialised COMPASS configuration experience and hold a Business/Systems Analysis qualification.
- Build a configurable solution on COMPASS based on business requirements.
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business.
- solutions with project management/Agile Release Trains (ART’s)
- Facilitate/participate in design review sessions.
- Training of users and troubleshooting any issues that arise.
- Investigate system problems and support the relevant team in remediating production issues.
- Create functional and technical specifications/user stories.
- Provide technical support to business users.
- Review test plans and the test book for each project release before User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Conduct systems testing to ensure that the design was aligned and designed according to the technology business requirement specifications.
- Provide support for system testing.
- Play an active role in mentoring/supporting junior COMPASS Configurers.
- Apply patch config to keep the software version up to date.
- Collaborate with developers/architects and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyse trade-offs between usability and performance needs.
- Gain a deep understanding of the COMPASS Retail product setup/offering.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in business requirements analysis.
- Minimum 5 years of specialised COMPASS configuration experience.
- Hold a Business/Systems Analysis qualification.
- Experience in the insurance industry.
- Working knowledge of AGILE.
- Ability to write basic Oracle SQL queries.
- Ability to give input into innovative solutions.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Ability to work in a team environment.