Senior Cisco Network Engineer (Client Site)
IT – Support ~ IT – Infrastructure
Cape Town – Western Cape
PERFORM day to day operational support for customer networks, assist in low level designs, operationally maintain Cisco SD WAN and MPLS networks as the next Senior Cisco Network Engineer sought by a dynamic Internet Service & Network Specialist to join its team. You will require Matric/Grade 12, be Cisco CCNP and Cisco SD-WAN (VIPTella & Meraki) Certified with 5 years’ ISP Network Engineering or Network Admin and Maintenance experience. You must also have experience with Cisco MPLS and SD-WAN with a thorough understanding of switching, routing and their related technologies. BGP, OSPF champion. TCP/IP, IP Addressing (v4 and v6), CIDR and DNS.
- Maintain customer MPLS and Cisco SDWAN networks.
- Find and present operational, technological and cost efficiencies on customer and internal networks.
- Undertake data network fault investigations and implement resolutions in local and wide area environments.
- Ensure proper configuration and deployment of ISP or customer networking equipment while adhering to business and customer standards and practices.
- Liaise with Project Management team, Network Engineers and Service Desk Agents on a regular basis.
- Operationally handle escalated support requests.
- Matric/Grade 12.
- Cisco CCNP essential.
- Cisco SD-WAN (VIPTella & Meraki) qualifications essential.
- At least 5 years’ experience as an ISP Network Engineer or in Network Administration and Maintenance.
- Cisco MPLS and SD-WAN experience essential.
- Thorough understanding of switching, routing and their related technologies. BGP, OSPF champion. TCP/IP, IP Addressing (v4 and v6), CIDR and DNS.
- Excellent understanding of Service Provider and Enterprise Architecture.
- Experience implementing QoS, PBR, VPN, MPLS, SD-WAN.
- Must be well spoken, have a good command of the English language and must be able to deal with customers in a professional manner.