Senior C#.Net Developer (CPT Hybrid)
IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape
PLAY a pivotal role in strategic projects & initiatives as your coding expertise as a Senior C#.Net Developer is sought by a fast-paced Investment Firm based in Tokai. You will design, develop, and test applications based on the .Net framework and C#, identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems while maintaining and improving in-house proprietary system’s architecture, functions and features. The successful incumbent will possess a Degree/Diploma in Computer Science/Information Systems/Engineering or equivalent discipline with 5 years’ work experience in C# and the .Net ecosystem (.Net 7, .Net Framework 4.8). Your other tech tools should include SQL Server, MySQL, ASP.Net Zero, ASP.Net MVC, ASP.Net Core, Angular/React, OOP, Git, jQuery, HTML, CSS & Excel/Outlook Addin applications (VSTO and Excel DNA).
- Design, develop, and test applications based on the .Net framework and C#.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and implement new business solutions and assist with automation.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Maintain code quality, organization, and automation.
- Keep up to date with the latest industry trends in the .Net ecosystem.
- Maintain and improve internal data warehouse functions, processes and data sources.
- Understand business unit IT processes and the importance of improving and facilitating the same.
- Maintain and improve in-house proprietary system’s architecture, functions and features.
- Maintain and support key client CRM systems (as required), and maintain, support and manage workflow via team roadmaps.
- Relevant tertiary qualification(s), such as Bachelor of Science (Computer Science, Information Systems), Engineering, Technicon diploma in Programming/IT.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in C# and the .Net ecosystem (.Net 7, .Net Framework 4.8).
- Strong experience with Microsoft SQL Server and/or MySQL or other relational databases.
- Strong experience with web application frameworks such as ASP.Net MVC, ASP.Net Core and Angular/React.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git.
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP).
- Systems integration with numerous 3rd party systems.
- jQuery, HTML, CSS.
- ASP.Net Zero.
- Excel/Outlook Addin applications (VSTO and Excel DNA).
- Experience with Microsoft Office Interop and Microsoft Office 365 API.
- Familiarity with the FIX protocol or QuickFIX/n.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, Agile development environment.
- Detail-oriented and excellent concentration ability.
- An analytical mindset and critical thinking.
- Able to work both independently and in a team-oriented environment.