Senior Business Analyst
IT – Analyst, Data Management
Cape Town – Western Cape
YOUR expertise as a forward-thinking Senior Business Analyst is sought by a dynamic Asset Management company where you will work with key stakeholders to understand business problems and opportunities, with a view on how best to align solutions to the business strategy and direction. The successful candidate will have a
strong understanding of project principles through vision, scope and acceptance to implementation. As part of the Enterprise Solutions team, you will work on multiple projects simultaneously, translate business data into usable information which will help to improve systems and processes while also empowering staff to become “digitally fit” and to drive innovation across the organisation. You must possess a BCom – Information Systems or IT related Degree, a FTI Business Analysis Diploma, 8+ years of Business Analysis work experience including in Financial Services or Asset Management, strong MS Office skills including Visio, MS Project and SharePoint Online.
The overriding objective will be to play a leading role in the execution of business strategies and projects to get desired results. This includes –
Project Management –
- Project presenting and reporting, including creating project plans and roadmaps.
- Planning, measuring and monitoring project deliverables with an agile mindset.
- Ensuring project governance and control.
Business Analysis –
- Developing business case proposals and formulating the product vision based on a deep understanding of internal and external needs.
- Employing full range of Agile analysis techniques in:
- Requirements elicitation.
- Requirements decomposition and organisation.
- Translating, simplifying and documenting/modelling requirements.
- Formulating requirements prioritisation and traceability.
- Validating and approving requirements and related solutions.
- Overseeing or designing solutions and defining how they will create value.
- Working closely with vendors and SMEs in order to understand end-to-end architecture and needs.
- Co-ordinating and responding to testing requirements as necessary.
Change Management –
- Providing support during releases and deployment.
- Providing overviews and training to relevant teams.
- Supporting user adoption after go-live.
Enhancing the Business Analysis practice –
- Coaching and supporting team members.
- Driving business analysis best practice to IIBA standards.
- BCom – Information Systems or IT related Degree.
- FTI Business Analysis Diploma.
- 8+ Years of Business Analysis work experience.
- Experience in Financial Services or Asset Management.
- Proven knowledge & experience in an Agile environment.
- Excellent MS Office skills including Visio, MS Project and SharePoint Online.
- Strong visualization skills using Visio or similar.
- Process, systems and data modelling ability.
- Project Management related qualification would be an advantage PMI, PMP or PGDPM.
- Azure DevOps skills.
- Strong knowledge of the BABOK; CBAP.
- The ability to work independently.
- Ownership and commitment to delivery.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving.
- Organisation and time management to ensure that work time is used efficiently.
- Enjoy collaboration and teamwork.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Have excellent listening skills with strong emotional intelligence.
- Pay high attention to detail.
- Display good decision-making and judgement.
- Have learning agility (curiosity and willingness to learn).