Senior Backend Developer (Remote)
IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape ~ Johannesburg – Gauteng ~ Durban – KwaZulu Natal
DESIGN, maintain & build server-side components as your coding expertise as a Senior Backend Developer is sought by an innovative Joburg Digital Tech & Marketing company to join its team. The ideal candidate must have proven track record delivering stable, fast, and secure data exchange between servers and end-users. This role demands excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as you will be working closely with other Backend Developers to deliver high-quality solutions. You will require 2-3 years’ experience building and maintaining software in production, 2+ years’ Node.js & Express.js and proficiency in PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Docker/Kubernetes and knowledge of Service Bus Methodology. You must also have experience designing and optimising applications for high performance, high availability, and low latency & have proficiency with databases and pragmatically modelling business processes through Schema.
- Build sustainable coding that can be used in the future.
- Collaborate with Front-end and Back-end Web Developers.
- Prepare code and present them to the team.
- Help establish best practices.
- Minimum 2 / 3 years of experience building and maintaining software in production.
- 2+ Years of Node.js and Express.js.
- Knowledge of Service Bus Methodology.
- Experience with PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Docker or Kubernetes.
- Proficiency with databases and pragmatically modelling business processes through Schema.
- Design and optimise applications for high performance, high availability, and low latency.
- Familiarity with the whole web stack, including protocols and web server optimisation techniques.
- Must be willing to go the extra mile & work overtime if necessary.
- Strong communication skills.
- Takes initiative, shows innovation and suggests ideas.
- Positive attitude with good organisational skills.
- Effective, objective decision-maker.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Self-driven & motivated.
- The ability to work collaboratively as a team player.
- Time and priority management.
- People Management skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Able to balance quality deliveries within tight deadlines.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Can thrive in a fast-paced environment.