Senior Back End Developer
IT – Software Development
Stellenbosh – Western Cape
AN innovative FinTech company in Stellenbosch seeks the coding expertise of a self-driven Senior Back End Developer who is able to effectively manage complex projects and priorities. Your role will entail producing cutting-edge software solutions while taking responsibility for the full software development lifecycle, from conception to deployment. You must be comfortable around back end coding languages, development frameworks, third-party libraries and deployment technologies. You will require a suitable BSc./BEng. University Degree – Honours or higher would be preferred, at least 8 years’ Dev experience including Software & Architecture Design, Cloud Computing using AWS and GCP and have proficiency with Node.js, Python, NoSQL, Linux, Docker, CI/CD – Jenkins, TeamCity, Azure Pipelines. Any mobile (hybrid or native) experience will prove beneficial.
- Work with Development teams, Product Managers and clients to design software solutions.
- Design and implement cloud-based back end solutions.
- Design client-side and server-side architecture.
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications.
- Design and implement effective APIs (REST/GraphQL).
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software.
- Facilitate clear communications with and around the team.
- Relevant BSc. Or BEng. University Degree; Hons. or higher is preferable. Good academic performance, exceptional in Software Development / Programming courses.
- Minimum 8 years of Development experience.
- Software and Architecture Design.
- Cloud computing using AWS and GCP.
- Node.js, Python or other language used in Cloud Computing.
- Experience with Relational and NoSQL databases.
- Linux, Docker.
- CI/CD (e.g., Jenkins, TeamCity, Azure Pipelines, etc.).
- Independent problem-solver and analytical thinker.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Dependable, responsible and collaborative.
- Able to work well in a team as well as individually.
- Excited about learning, pushing technical limits and finding new solutions.
- Able to demonstrate initiative.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Passionate about technology.