Senior Back End Developer Team Lead (Python)
IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape
REVIEW & refine business and system requirement, lead Spring Planning while developing business process diagrams and flows as the next Senior Back End Developer Team Lead sought by a cutting-edge InsureTech platform. Joining this tech start-up, you will work with a team on a mission to not only digitally transform the way businesses do insurance but working towards becoming the biggest insurance-as-a-service platform. You will require strong Python with at 4+ years in a similar role and proficiency with Django, Django REST Framework, Gitlab, Gitlab CI, JWT and other Auth methods, Angular 2+ & have prior experience designing systems from the group up and taking software through its entire lifecycle.
- Review and refine business requirements, system requirements & functional specifications for clients.
- Assist in developing test case procedures and maintaining test documentation, test plans and test schedules.
- Gathering and analysis, basic coding and data mapping.
- Ongoing problem analysis.
- Conduct research to ensure best practices are applied.
- Issue Management; logging, follow-up, resolution, ad hoc duties and analysis.
- System support exposure: Maintain an incident management process; analysing the nature of incidents.
- Use Agile methodology where the incremental builds are delivered to the customer in every two to three weeks’ time.
- Lead Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum Stand Up, and Sprint Retrospective meetings.
- Mentor and manage junior team members.
- Take accountability at client/product level for deliverables.
- Develop business process diagrams and flows.
- You will be expected to distil the key features of these insurance products into specifications and workflows that can be turned into technical specifications.
- Solicit business requirements from partners and assist in turning these requirements into technical specifications.
- Report to the CTO and work closely with the Software Development team as well as the Business Development team.
- BSc. Computer Science BSc. (Engineering) MSc. PhD. Previous experience/demonstration of expertise in the domain supersedes degrees/qualifications.
- 4+ Years’ relevant experience. Very experienced with Python.
- Experience with Django + Django REST Framework.
- Experience with Gitlab and Gitlab CI.
- Previous experience with designing systems from the group up and taking software through its full lifecycle.
- JWT and other Auth methods.
- Angular 2+.
Nice to Haves –
- Experience with AWS/Cloud Architecture.
- Experience with AWS Solutions Architecture.
- Previous experience in FinTech.