Senior Back End Developer (CPT Only)
IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape
- Develop, deliver, maintain and implement high quality technical solutions in line with business requirements / specifications / quality standards.
- Take technical ownership of application / service architectural implementation.
- Continuously strive to make improvements to existing products and/or systems and services and ensure Development teams adhere to common patterns and practices.
- Seek out and act upon feedback from both the Dev team and stakeholders.
- Keep up to date with relevant technology standards or best practices.
- System and Unit Testing along with technical documentation maintenance where required.
- Communicate effective and escalate issues timeously.
- Assist clients with integration where needed.
- Collaborate and work closely with all relevant stakeholders to provide product software developments, adjustments, or revisions that:
- Interpret architecture principles into designed and deployable/usable solutions.
- Always have the clients’ best interests in mind.
- Are built according to exact specification requirements from business.
- Are tested and validated against internal/external required quality standards.
- Deploy without error or bugs.
- Are of the highest industry coding practice/s.
- Integrates the system as a whole.
- Participate in regular Scrum or Cross-functional Meetings to review:
- Project status.
- Business specifications.
- Errors or operational issues.
- Client feedback.
- Provide technical input for the creation of software documentation and training materials where required.
- Research and recommend technologies, tools, methods and processes to increase effectiveness and delivery pace/quality.
- Identify and mitigate operational risks within the capability area.
- Take accountability for developing and cross-skilling across multiple disciplines within own area to expand capability and versality of the team.
- Constantly collaborate with relevant team members to consistently improve functionality and user-friendliness of applications.
- Identify and troubleshoot system issues and coding problems, addressing such with urgency and incorporating the relevant stakeholders.
- BSc. Computer Science or equivalent Degree or MCSD Certification preferred.
- 6-8 Years’ real commercial application development experience within the B2B Transactional / Payments / SaaS industry.
- Ability to interpret architectural concerns to solution design in addition to the translation of user requirements into technical specifications and/or code.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, CRM, Asana, MS Teams, MS Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Willingness to troubleshoot and solve complex problems.
- Customer-focused through all stages of the SDLC.
- Applicant MUST HAVE uncapped internet connection.
- Strong Payments industry knowledge.
- Experience in Programming languages/frameworks such as PHP, NodeJS, Pascal, Java.
- Knowledge of Message Queues.
- Exceptional numerical reasoning, logic ability and problem-solving skills.
- Active and enthusiastic team player acting as an ambassador for product delivery.
- Willing to adapt to significant changes in either technology or environment.
- Leads the evaluation of ideas, tools, technology, standards and best practice.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Good design sense, production value and attention to detail.
- Well organised with strong time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple objectives according to prescribed procedures and processes.
- Works well under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and in a Remote team environment.
- Clear communication skills.
- Honest, reliable and hardworking.