Senior Analyst: Collections Lifecycle Insights & Modelling
Finance/Admin ~ IT – Analyst, Data Management
Cape Town – Western Cape
PLAY a critical & leading role informing the business with deep data modelling and analytical insights as the next Senior Analyst to head up Collections Lifecyle Insights & Modelling of a fast-paced Financial Services Group. This will enable the business to make critical decisions which support the achievement of overall CoR objectives, in addition to playing a critical role in driving the NPL strategy for the business. You will require a Bachelor’s or Honours qualification in the Mathematics field of study, Statistics, or similar tertiary qualification & at least 5 years’ in the following: Credit risk analysis on secured and unsecured products, SAS, Python and SQL, developing, tracking and enhancing Debt Sale and Forward flow models, Collections & Recoveries models & decisioning systems and tools and delivering deep and granular analytical insights for Collections & Recoveries operations, including external vendor performance, trends and target setting (including Portfolio level).
- Develop, track and enhance analytical and statistical models across all secured and unsecured portfolios throughout the Collections & Recoveries lifecycle, driving deep insights regarding end two end portfolio performance, alerts and areas of opportunity for the Collections & Recoveries teams.
- Develop, track, enhance, evaluate and price stock driven by Debt Sale and Forward flow models across all secured and unsecured portfolios.
- Custodian for the development of models that tracks Collections & Recoveries performance across Early Stage, Late Stage, Recoveries placements, Products, and aids in the accurate creation of targets across all portfolios and placements for our External Debt Collectors and Internal teams.
- Produce reports on the performance of all models on a regular basis (as agreed with all internal & external stakeholders).
- Ensure that model reports are detailed to suit the level of the recipients.
- Identify and analyse model risks and performance proactively in order to take mitigating action to improve model performance where required.
- Support Collections & Recoveries senior leadership with data driven outputs and insights during budget setting periods.
- Deliver interpretation of analytics in order to provide insights that lead to improved processes and contribute to ensuring that the Company meets its Strategic and Cost of Risk objectives.
- Ensure close alignment and collaboration with data and analytics functions of the business in order to foster an Analyst Community of continuous improvement, learning, knowledge and skills transfer.
- Build strong trust-based relationships with internal and external stakeholders to enable the company to meet its Strategic & CoR objectives.
- Spearhead relevant systems changes in partnership with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Stay abreast of best practices in order to provide thought leadership and support innovation.
- Ensure integration and compliance with shareholder requirements (Regional, Central, Group).
- Provide input into the design and implementation of changes in decisioning systems and processes for Collections & Recoveries portfolios.
- A Bachelor’s or Honours qualification in the Mathematics field of study, Statistics, or similar.
- At least 5 years’ minimum experience in:
- Credit risk analysis on secured and unsecured products.
- Understanding of relational databases and ability to effectively utilize statistical software – particularly SAS, Python and SQL to name a few.
- Developing, tracking and enhancing Debt Sale and Forward flow models.
- Determining pricing and evaluation outcomes from Debt Sale & Forward Flow models.
- Developing, tracking and enhancing Collections & Recoveries models that aid in the setting of fair and challenging targets.
- Collections and Recoveries decisioning systems and tools.
- Delivering deep and granular analytical insights for Collections & Recoveries operations, including external vendor performance, trends and target setting (including Portfolio level).
- Budget Management.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of the entire Collections and Recoveries value chain for secured and unsecured products.
- Expert model building techniques.
- Strong leadership traits & team player.
- Expert numeric and analytical skills.
- Strong Systems thinking.
- Innovation and solutions focus.
- Clarity and simplicity of communication.
- Strong presentation skills (written, verbal and presentation-related).
- Articulate, rational, coherent and persuasive.