Senior Account Executive
Stellenbosh – Western Cape
HELP grow the global customer base of a leading Telecommunications Provider as its next Senior Account Manager who will be responsible for generating and presenting high-quality sales proposals in alignment with value propositions offering creative integrated solutions to address customer demands/needs. You will be responsible for the complete sales portfolio of clients whilst ensuring the best possible service in order to maintain and grow their business with us. The successful incumbent will require a minimum of a relevant B.Eng. / B.Comm with 7+ years’ experience in Solution Sales, Key Account Management, Business Development, or Pre-Sales Engineering.
- Identify, qualify, propose, and close major opportunities within assigned accounts.
- Responsible and accountable for growing existing customer base with new sales i.e., Order Entry.
- Meet and exceed sales targets and deadlines.
- Generate and present high-quality sales proposals in alignment with value propositions offering creative integrated solutions to address customer demands/needs.
- Setup, manage, implement and report account plans in an accurate and timeous ways.
New Business Development –
- Responsible for establishing a new customer base through creating of relationships with key decision-makers and driving revenue opportunities within customer organisations.
- Work at the highest levels within the customer space to identify opportunities to properly position entire suite of products and services in addressing customer’s needs.
- Build and maintain relationships (network) with external agents, key contacts, suppliers, existing customers and partners, to establish new connections with new customers.
- Represent the business at exhibitions, meetings and trade shows.
Customer Relationship Management –
- Understand and manage customer expectations/satisfaction including the continuous monitoring thereof.
- Retain good relationships with customers while meeting targets and deadlines.
- Manage/oversee existing contracts with regards to governance, service, profit and loss, legal and change perspective.
Internal cross-functional integration & teamwork –
- Establish and maintain strong partnership/relationships with all internal and external stakeholders responsible for marketing, sales, deployment and support activities.
- Establish and maintain strong interaction and relationship across all applicable functions within the organisation i.e., Development Engineering, Solution Engineering, Hardware Development, Order Fulfilment, Product Support, Procurement, Finance, Secretariat, Group Management, etc.
- Fulfil Account Management role in the Core Teams (Diamond model) for all applicable and allocated opportunities.
- Operate and function within specific team(s), as well as the larger organisation.
- Adhere to policies, processes, procedures and contribute to enhancement/improvement thereof.
- Reporting, including monthly monitoring and reporting on turnover, gross profit, progress and sales pipeline.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Structure and evaluate pricing models and structures required for sales proposals.
- Interact with fellow team members, provide mentorship and contribute towards continuous personal and team improvement.
- MBA + B.Eng.
- B.Eng. / B.Comm.
- 7+ Years’ experience in Solution Sales, Key Account Management, Business Development, or Pre-Sales Engineering.
- Client service.
- Planning and organisation.
- Strong communicator.
- Financial & Forecasting.
- Comprehension of complex technological solutions.
- Advanced product and technology knowledge.
- Strong telecommunications knowledge.
- Intelligence industry knowledge.
- Intricate customer knowledge & customer relations.
- Very strong presentation & negotiations skills.
- Very strong communication & teamwork skills.
- Problem-solving, solution-finding.
- Positive approach with can-do attitude.
- Honesty, Trust, Integrity, Transparency.
- Self-motivated, Dedicated.
- Persuasive with a passion for winning and innovation.