SAP Car Consultant (JHB)
IT – Infrastructure
Johannesburg – Gauteng
A rapidly growing Software Specialist in Joburg seeks a strong analytical & highly articulate SAP CAR Consultant with the strong ability to work in the detail of SAP architecture. You will also help optimize and develop the SAP system landscape ensuring the delivery of world-class solutions. The ideal candidate requires a University Degree in Business Informatics/Computer Science or equivalent tertiary qualification, 5+ years’ experience in a similar role, be skilled with SAP MM/SD, POSDTA & SLT, IDOCs and Web Services, ABAP Development, Retail experience with an understanding of SAP POS (Point of Sale) architecture, excellent communications skills and strong documentation and meticulous record keeping as you will work with global teams and customers. If you are able to speak in German, it will prove beneficial.
- Optimization and further development of the internal SAP system landscape.
- Support the Project teams in integrating products into existing SAP systems.
- As the SAP expert you are required to advise customers in the use of SAP standard solutions.
- Support colleagues in the further development of existing products.
- Analysis and implementation of OmniChannel processes based on the SAP solution portfolio.
- Develop and implement together with the internal product teams’ new solutions for the customer, based on CAR.
- Represent the brand professionally.
- Must be able to work under pressure – Applications are generally mission critical, requiring rapid response to issues, solutions and support.
- Ability to take the initiative and self-teach and obtain the necessary skills in learning the internal systems such as JIRA, Confluence etc. in support of project delivery and management.
- University Degree or tertiary equivalent with a focus on Business Informatics / Computer Science or comparable education with corresponding professional experience.
- 5+ Years’ relevant work experience.
- In the field of SAP MM/SD.
- POSDTA and SLT.
- IDOCs and Web Services.
- Experience in the field of ABAP Development.
- Retail experience is a must, including an understanding of SAP POS (Point of Sale) architecture.
- Must understand the SAP POS landscape and architecture so that they know how to work within project timelines.
- Comprehensive IT skills.
- Fully computer literate (Office: Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong documentation and meticulous record keeping, including notes from all meetings and decisions taken in projects. Given it is an international Project team, documentation is critical to common alignment and achieving results.
- This is a cross cultural role where communication with people in different countries will be necessary. Being able to communicate clearly and articulately is required.
- Ability to speak in German.
- Excellent business standard language in English, oral and written.
- Interest in new technologies.
- Analytical skills – ability to identify problems.
- Good Time Management.
- Change Management skills to ensure that there is high co-operation within the customer environment.
- Strong analytical, mathematical and fault-finding skills.
- Able to establish a trust relationship with the client.
- Able to handle situations of conflict and conflict resolution.
- Integrity / honesty– will be working with highly confidential information.
- High attention to deal and the ability to remain engaged for long periods of time.
- An independent and structured way of working.
- Keen to learn and grow in this exciting industry. An enquiring mind is a definite asset.
- Emotional and Social intelligence to ensure that problems can be dealt with, without negatively impacting the team motivation.
- Team player with good inter-personal skills. Able to work with both an internal team and also the customer’s team and their partners to deliver a world-class solution.
- Self-motivated. Able to deal with tough problems without giving up and finding new and innovative ways to solve challenges.
- Outgoing personality able to communicate and establish relationships with a broad range of personality types.