SAP Basis Administrator (JHB)
IT – Analyst, Data Management
Johannesburg – Gauteng
A rapidly growing Software Specialist in Joburg is looking for a highly analytical SAP Basis Administrator to join its team. Your core role will entail administering & optimising existing SAP systems, installation and maintenance and planning and implementing technical projects. The ideal candidate must possess a Computer Science Degree or similar tertiary qualification, experience with Network Engineering/Typologies and skills including SAP NetWeaver, ABAP & Java, SAP HANA, Windows Server and Linux. Any knowledge of SAP ERP, S/4 HANA, SAP CAR, SAP Cloud solutions and proficiency in German and/or French will prove beneficial.
- Administration and optimization of existing SAP systems.
- Installation, upgrade and maintenance of systems in a constantly growing environment.
- Provide new functions by importing enhancement packages and add-ons.
- Analyse and solve technical problems.
- Training and support of employees and customers.
- Planning, organising and implementation of technical projects in an SAP Basis context.
- Developing solution and security concepts.
- Execution of documentation.
- University Degree with a focus on Computer Science or a similar education.
- Knowledge of administration and operating SAP NetWeaver, ABAP & Java, SAP HANA.
- Knowledge of SAP ERP, S/4 HANA, SAP CAR is desired.
- Knowledge of the retail sector and SAP Cloud solutions would be an advantage.
- Experience with Windows (Server) and Linux systems also in a virtual environment.
- Knowledge of Network Engineering/Typologies.
- Proficiency in German and/or French desirable.
- Presentation skills.
- Consulting / Advisory competencies (recommend, ask, etc.).
- Writing Skills (specification / documentation).
- Interest in new technology.
- Highly developed analytical and conceptual skills.
- Good knowledge of English, both written and spoken.
- Communication & networking capabilities.
- Analytical capabilities, methodical approach to problem-solving.
- Organised, able to work independently and work efficiently.
- Time Management.