Salesforce Developer (CPT/JHB)
IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape ~ Johannesburg – Gauteng
- Interface with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
- Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of complex system components.
- Complete complex bug fixes.
- Work closely with other Development team members to understand complex product requirements and translate them into software designs.
- Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews.
- Operate in various development environments (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) while collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Resolve complex technical issues as necessary.
- Keep abreast of new technology developments.
- Design and work with complex data models.
- All other duties as assigned.
- BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required.
- 3+ Years of Software Engineering experience, primarily in Salesforce.com development.
- Previous experience working with a global, enterprise Salesforce implementation including Sales, Marketing and Service Clouds.
- Demonstrated familiarity with the Salesforce platform and integrations including, but not limited to CPQ, Pardot, Einstein Analytics, etc.
- Participation in and proven leadership in refactoring existing development to improve underlying foundation.
- Ability to map business and functional requirements to Salesforce out of box features and functionality.
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce configuration and customization, data loader.
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce workflows including triggers, SOQL and SOSL.
- Familiarity with Apex, and Lightning with Aura and Lightning with web components.
- Knowledge of Software Development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall).
- Proficiency with data manipulation language including optimization techniques.
- Understanding of normalized/dimensional data modeling principles.
- Knowledge of multiple data storage subsystems.
- Knowledge of Test-Driven Development.
- Knowledge of automation tools such as Jenkins, Selenium, Neoload and/or other automation tools is a plus.
- Ability to write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of complex system components.
- Ability to complete complex bug fixes.
- Strong research skills.
- Strong knowledge in industry best practices in development.
- Knowledge in using and developing applicable tool sets.
- Ability to interface competently with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
- Can work well with internal and external technology resources.
- Good oral and written communications skills.