IT – Software Development
Pretoria/Centurion – Gauteng
A Health Tech Solution Company is looking for an experienced Salesforce Developer who will perform hands-on technical implementation, with a focus on delivering functional solutions on the Salesforce.com platform. The Salesforce Developer will take a role in the design, implementation, deployment, and documentation of projects that leverage the Salesforce.com toolset.
Analysis and Planning (15%)
- Multitask on a range of products and tasks simultaneously, defining priorities and ensuring efficiency.
- Define and communicate problem, goal, and acceptance criteria.
- Communicate and collaborate with development, business analyst and design teams to solve problems, make recommendations and discuss best programming practices.
- Work with stakeholders to achieve appropriate solutions.
- Conduct research on possible solutions and techniques.
- Analyse systems for root cause, impact, workarounds, and permanent fixes.
- Determine and account for dependencies among deliverables, products, and systems.
- Accurately estimate duration of deliverables.
- Identify and mitigate risks.
- Document analysis and planning process.
- Communicate effectively with line manager on progress, priorities, and workload.
- Develop complex CRM solutions to ensure that best practices are followed, and the best data solutions are provided.
- Follow project plan or applicable work instructions (i.e., Jira) to develop software.
- Meet deadlines and timelines as determined in the planning phase.
- Adhere to agree upon standards for code, as set and determined by the Tech Lead.
- Generate and maintain effective and efficient high-quality code.
- Use effective and efficient components & techniques to implement solutions.
- Ensure all work is versioned and backed up according to company standards.
Testing and Implementation (20%)
- Ensure that all work is tested, benchmarked, and fulfils functional requirements before submission.
- Prepare a test environment, examples, and instructions.
- Ensure the test environment caters for end-to-end testing of all applicable systems in the integration landscape.
- Participate enthusiastically in peer code reviews.
- Deploy changes to the production environment.
- Maintain system and product change logs and release notes according to company standards.
Reporting and Communication (15%)
- Take ownership for work, tasks, and communication.
- Keep project documentation up to date and according to company standards.
- Provide timeous, efficient, and effective feedback on project status.
- Proactively keep stakeholders updated on progress, risks, and problems.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
- Prepare reports, manuals, SOPs and other documentation on the status, operation, and maintenance of software.
- Provide insight and feedback on queries regarding relevant projects.
Minimum education (essential):
- Matric Certificate
Minimum education (desirable):
- Salesforce certification
Minimum applicable experience (years):
- 3+ years of related Salesforce experience
Required nature of experience:
- Software Development
- Experience with the Salesforce development toolkit
- Small to medium sized project experience in Salesforce
- Experience developing Apex classes, triggers, VisualForce pages, Lightning components, and web services leveraging the Salesforce REST and SOAP API’s
Skills and Knowledge:
- On platform declarative customizations
- Lightning Components
- Data Loader
- Sales Cloud
- Service Cloud
- Sales Engagement (High Velocity Sales)
- Marketing Cloud
- Marketing Cloud Intelligence (Datorama)
- Salesforce OMS
- Service Cloud Voice
- Salesforce Connect
- ECI (Einstein Conversational Insights)