Sales Administrator (DBN)
Durban – KwaZulu Natal
A dynamic Managed IT Services Provider in Durban seeks a Sales Administrator whose responsibility will be to manage non-technical aspects of the relationship between the company and its designated customers and to oversee and ensure successful operations of the sales and order systems.
Customer Data Management
- Maintain customer calendar license and service renewal schedules.
- Maintain all customer documentation as directed.
Procurement, Ordering and Stock Administration
- Process all approved orders according to required ordering standards.
- Manage and coordinate orders to ensure that received orders are classified accordingly, labelled and hipped to the appropriate department for installation or to the customer directly where required.
- Arrange for any collections or deliveries with couriers be it to customers or from customers.
- Engage with suppliers, operations, and customers on RMA Board.
- Schedule collections and returns as required with suppliers and customers.
- Manage internal stock levels and stock storage facilities.
- Project Stock Daily Updates
- Invoice Queries, Credit Notes and Return tracking.
Quotations and Order Processing
- Verify product availability during the quote writing process and communicating same for expectation management.
- Engage with suppliers and vendors to obtain best possible pricing to use as input costs for quotations.
- Capture approved orders into the relevant order system and engage with the necessary parties to ensure all information is provided and ensure resources and equipment is available for the successful delivery of the approved order.
- Track and ensure order delivery from start to finish informing the relevant parties of any potential issues along the way.
- Manage expectations of customers, sales team and operations members related to order fulfilment.
- Follow up where required for completed order sign offs and handovers.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of products and services to be ready to assist Technical Account Manager and customers with requests timeously.
- Answer switchboard, handle calls and messages and re-direct calls as appropriate.
- This job description is not exhaustive and may be subject to change depending on business requirements.
- Knowledge of Information Technology industry products, services, licensing, and technologies with a learned focus on products and services sold by the Company.
- Awareness and understanding of commercial terms within sales (margin, gross profit, revenue, turnover, net profit, cost of sales, bulk purchasing, discounting, etc.).
- Awareness and understanding of currency exchange rate fluctuation and the effect this has on the South African product costs to Company.
- Understanding of Sales Methodologies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Business Reporting Skills.
- Customer Service Skills.
- Contract Management Skills.
- Negotiation Skills.
- Basic Logistics Understanding.
- Grade 12 Senior Certificate.
- Administrative background.
- 1+ years of industry relevant experience.
- Experience in Project Administration.
- Experience in Sales Administration.
- Self-motivated and passionate.
- Good command of the English language (both verbal and written).
- Good email, telephonic and interpersonal communication skills (in English).
- Ability to manage own time and tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Ability to work independently, unsupervised.
- Ability to engage at a meaningful level with the management team.
- Ability to work within a structured team environment.