Sage Systems Support (JHB)
Johannesburg – Gauteng
A Company in Johannesburg is looking for a Sage Systems Support To be involved in day-to-day operations support for Sage X3 and Exigo including but not limited to report writing, databases and BI 360 support in Africa.
You must have an A+, hands on experience working with Sage X3 in a support role, solid technical knowledge in Sage X3.and SQL skills.
The role is directly accountable for the following items, which constitute the Main Tasks of the position:
- Day to day support of ERP system for the whole of Africa.
- Configuration, testing and deployment of standard Sage X3 CRM.
- Report development using different tools e.g., Crystal, BI360, ODBC for Sage X3 and Exigo.
- Monitoring Sage hosted environment and backups.
- Understanding and ability to construct queries in SQL for troubleshooting purposes.
- Identify system deficiencies and recommends solutions.
- Contribute to knowledge base as software evolves and maintain expert level awareness of relevant standards, practices, and tools.
- Encourage and engage in open collaboration within team and with other teams.
- Commitment to continuous learning, both through company-on job training and events and self-driven.
- Hands on experience working with Sage X3 in a support role.
- Solid technical knowledge in Sage X3.
- SQL skills.
- BCom or B.Sc. Degree in Computer Science will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work and respond quickly to users’ needs.
- Be able to travel as and when needed.
- Ability to support diversified users.
- At least two years commercial experience in Sage X3.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Excel.
- Proficiency in SQL.
- Ability to design and write reports in Crystal Re.
- Basic of BI360 is an added advantage.
- Maintain a first-class level of customer service ensuring that all customers are treated efficiently and in an appropriate manner.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to think pragmatically.
- Maintain excellent verbal and written communication skills that are coherent, grammatically correct, effective and professional with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non- technical colleagues at all levels in the organization.
- Be a highly motivated team player with the skills and ability to manage changing priorities.
- Able to work independently and take ownership of job responsibilities with minimal oversight.
- Be very organized and have a structured approach to completion of tasks with a strong focus on attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to use initiative.
- Function effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to interact with Senior Management.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Participates in the implementation and support of IT-related policies.
- Keeps work areas neat, organized, and secure.