Risk & Reporting Analytics Manager
Cape Town – Western Cape
DEVELOP & implement a comprehensive and effective Credit Risk Management Framework utilising your expertise to fill the role of the next Risk & Reporting Analytics Manager sought by an innovative Financial Services Group. You will further support the implementation of the Credit Strategy through the development of policy, including the monitoring and forecasting of the Credit Risk Portfolio. The successful incumbent requires a Bachelor’s tertiary qualification in Commerce/Science/Humanities with a focus on Stats/IT/Economics or Maths or similar discipline, have 5 years’ experience in Credit Risk Analysis on lending products and relational databases with the ability to effectively use statistical software – particularly SAS. Prior experience in Financial Services/Retail Credit will be preferred and you must have the strong ability to interpret data and communicate this to key stakeholders.
- Develop analytical methodology, tools, processes and control frameworks to assess credit risk.
- Manage credit risk reporting and dashboard development.
- Monitor reports for scorecard performance, policy exceptions, adherence to defined risk tolerance and performance.
- Forecast credit risk across portfolios, considering emerging risks and changes in external conditions.
- Ensure reporting is aligned to shareholders requirements.
- Lead monthly risk meeting, presenting portfolio overviews and promoting discussions on current focus areas.
- Act as the subject matter expert in Credit Risk Management in cross functional business teams associated with new product and/or business initiatives.
- Build strong relationships with Sales and Product with the support of quantitative facts, to identify and implement opportunities for greater efficiencies and risk controls.
- Ensure alignment to shareholder policies and procedures.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry developments and ensure best practices are applied where applicable.
- Manage team to ensure optimal performance, engagement and succession.
- A Bachelor’s qualification in Commerce, Science, or Humanities with a focus on Statistics, IT, Economics, Mathematics, or similar.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the following:
- Credit Risk Analysis on lending products.
- Extensive understanding of relational databases and ability to effectively utilize statistical software – particularly SAS.
- Previous Financial Services/Retail Credit experience (preferred).
- Strong ability to interpret data, communicate this to and influence key stakeholders.
- Bad Debt provisioning techniques.
- People Management experience.
- Business acumen.
- Sound leadership skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong relationship and stakeholder management.
- Capacity to collaborate, integrate and facilitate teamwork.
- Sense of personal accountability.
- Strong planning and organising skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail (high quality and accuracy of output).