Risk Anticipation Analyst
Cape Town – Western Cape
THE expertise of a highly skilled Risk Anticipation Analyst with a strong understanding of the business’ processes and ways in which to continuously improve them is sought by a dynamic Financial Services Group. Your core role will be to contribute to the management of Credit Risk by providing information and analytical support for the effective monitoring and control of risk exposure for an assigned portfolio, including a key focus on the IFRS 9 portfolio and related reporting. You will require a Bachelor’s in Commerce/Science/Humanities with a focus on Statistics/IT/Economics/Maths or similar with 3 years’ experience in Credit Risk Analysis on Lending products, preparing data-driven credit policy recommendations for senior management & data manipulation and analysis using SAS, SQL or other Data Analysis tools. Any prior experience with Bad debt provisioning techniques and Financial and/or Retail Credit will prove beneficial.
- Risk Modelling – Build and monitor credit risk, provisioning and recoveries models.
- Provisioning and Forecasting – Calculate and forecast bad debt charge for use in budgeting.
- Deliver insights into key drivers of impairments including underlying arrears performance and movements in expected credit loss.
- Deliver regular BAU reporting packs to support working groups and Credit Risk Committee ensuring the content is accurate and insightful.
- Ensure there is an effective suite of reports which explains key drivers of Loss Forecasting.
- Attend, when required, relevant forums and committees.
- Identify and deliver opportunities to enhance the key processes in relation to accuracy, efficiency, controls and insight.
- A Bachelor’s qualification in Commerce, Science, or Humanities with a focus on Statistics, IT, Economics, Mathematics, or similar.
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the following:
- Credit Risk Analysis on Lending products.
- Preparation of data-driven credit policy recommendations for senior management.
- Data manipulation and analysis using SAS, SQL or other Data Analysis tools.
- Bad debt provisioning techniques.
- Financial and / or Retail Credit experience.
- Business acumen
- Numeric and analytical skills
- Clarity and simplicity of communication.
- Strong presentation skills (written, verbal and presentation-related).
- Articulate, rational, coherent and persuasive.
- Disciplined, business focused delivery and impact astute.
- Effective relationship management and collaboration skills.