Risk Analyst: Modelling & Analytics
IT – Analyst, Data Management
Cape Town – Western Cape
UTILISE advanced analytical techniques while developing and monitoring predictive models as the next Risk Analyst sought by a dynamic Financial Services Group to forecast market trends and mitigate its credit risk. The ideal candidate must have Scorecard Development & Modelling experience and have the ability to perform statistical analysis on large datasets for complex modelling purposes or forecasting using SAS/SAS Macros, SQL or other Data Analysis tools. You will also require a Degree in Maths/Engineering/Stats/Economics or similar field with 5 years’ relevant work experience including scoring techniques in consumer lending, preparing data-driven credit policy recommendations and preferably bureau data and developing customer insights from it. Any industry exposure within the Financial Services/Retail industry and Python/R proficiency will prove beneficial.
- Work within a team of Risk Analysts on best practice Credit Risk Management principles and statistical analysis.
- Undertake analysis to determine the impact of strategy changes to areas of application and account management strategies.
- Develop and monitor predictive models aimed at the optimisation of risk decision-making.
- Present ideas via reports and presentations, outlining findings and making recommendations for improvements to senior stakeholders.
- Investigate data integrity issues, test assumptions and validate analytical results, ensuring accuracy and sensitivity of findings.
- Use advanced analytical techniques such as modern Data Mining, Pattern Matching, Data Visualisation and Predictive Modelling tools to produce analyses and algorithms that assist with the business decisions.
- Setup experimental designs to answer key business questions.
- Forecast and monitor market trends using statistical techniques.
- Assist implementing strategy changes to live decision systems.
- Assist with Application and Behavioural Scorecard Development and Testing.
- Perform complex statistical analysis to support decision-making and mitigate credit risk.
- Coach and mentor Junior Analysts (if applicable).
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in an applicable field of study: Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Operational Research, Actuarial Science or Finance (CA (SA), CIMA, CFA etc.).
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience:
- Scoring techniques in consumer lending.
- Credit Risk analysis on unsecured lending products
- Preparing data-driven credit policy recommendations for Senior Management and delivering compelling presentations.
- Experience/exposure to bureau data and developing customer insights from.
- Manipulating and analysing data using SAS, SQL, SAS Macros or other Data Analysis tools for complex modelling purposes or forecasting, i.e., ability to perform statistical analysis on large datasets.
- Ability to explain complex statistical information.
- Draw data from systems and do analysis on information retrieved.
- Quality control of output data.
- Compilation of reports based on information retrieved and analysed.
- Knowledge of statistical and mathematical models and methodologies.
- Exposure within the Financial Services/Retail industry.
- Python or R skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and conceptual thinking skills.
- Interpretation of analysis and ability to communicate insights with senior stakeholders.
- Planning and organisational skills.
- Must be able to work to, and manage, deadlines.
- Attention to detail and commitment to delivery is vital.