Risk Analyst: Fraud
Cape Town – Western Cape
MAKE a critical contribution to managing Fraud division of an innovative Financial Services Group seeking your analytical expertise to be its next Risk Analyst. Joining the Credit Risk team, your core role will be to provide information and analytical support for the effective monitoring and control of risk exposure across a suite of consumer lending. It will prove beneficial if you have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in Credit Risk analysis on lending product, able to conduct Data manipulation utilising SQL, SAS & other Data Analysis tools and be able to compile reports based on information retrieved and analysed.
- Ongoing analysis to understand efficacy of current rule sets, to make changes to current rules sets and to suggest new rules which would typically involve input from multiple business areas including the Fraud Department.
- Ad hoc analyses to help understand and mitigate fraud events.
- Manage the transition from using fraud rules to using fraud scores. This could involve utilising Decision Science or a third party, depending on scope of work.
- Work closely with Fraud Department and ensure that Risk and Fraud Department are always aligned on any rule or fraud-tool changes.
- Engage with the wider business to present analyses so as to give reassurance that the fraud tools are being effectively utilised to mitigate fraud.
- At least 2 years’ experience in the following would be advantageous:
- Credit Risk analysis on lending products.
- Data manipulation and analysis using SAS, SQL or other Data Analysis tools.
- Compilation of reports based on information retrieved and analysed.