Resource Planning Lead (Operational Data Analytics) (CPT Hybrid)
IT – Analyst, Data Management
Cape Town – Western Cape
A renowned Investment Firm seeks an experienced Resource Planning Lead with a strong analytical mindset to take ownership of the Operational Resource Planning function. The ideal candidate will be someone who is able to build a tight-knit team of Specialists around them and implement effective team processes, while providing accurate, timely resourcing analytics to business stakeholders. You will require 2-5 years work experience in Capacity Planning and/or Forecasting, be able to effectively coordinate a team of Resource Planning Specialists to provide exemplary service to business stakeholders while managing a complex people landscape to coordinate for hiring, training, sick leave, as well as build margin for unforeseen instances that may impact operational workload. You will also require proficiency with Advanced Excel, SQL & Power BI.
- Own the development and delivery of a new analytical model that is designed to respond to the varying changes of a complex resourcing landscape.
- Use your technical know-how to develop a resourcing data model that is responsive to changing inputs, such as legislative changes, employee leave, training schedules, product changes and the like.
- Coordinate a team of Resource Planning Specialists to ensure the alignment of key metrics and processes, and to ensure the continuity of the Resource Planning function across all Operational business units through the documenting of critical processes, team knowledge shares, and clear stakeholder communication.
- Employ Project Management skills to manage strategic deliverables, as well as the creation of a roadmap for the building, testing and roll-out of these deliverables.
- Work with a range of tools, predominantly Power BI, Excel and SQL, to produce an effective Resource Planning Model and visualisations that represent and communicate KPIs associated with the function.
- Has 2–5 years’ experience in Capacity Planning and/or Forecasting. Experience in a Performance or Data Analyst role is also advantageous.
- Able to effectively coordinate a team of Resource Planning Specialists to provide exemplary service to business stakeholders.
- Can manage a complex people landscape to coordinate for hiring, training, sick leave, as well as build margin for unforeseen instances that may impact operational workload.
- Has the ability to foster communication and awareness of the Resource Planning function between the team and business stakeholders.
- Thinks strategically about the Resource Planning model and its future applications.
- Has the administrative ability to create, manage and prioritise work items and requests into a working backlog.
- Has an Advanced Excel, SQL and Power BI skillset.
- Python, R and/or statistical modelling experience is highly advantageous.
- Displays leadership ability.
- Is confident presenting to management and senior management.
- Highly analytical, demonstrating exceptional attention to detail.
- Is proactive and a self-starter.