Researcher (Fixed-term Contract)
Cape Town – Western Cape
A reputable Travel & Tourism Agency seeks a strategic-thinking Researcher with experience conducting Quantitative and Qualitative Research to fill a Fixed-term Contract role. Your core focus will be to execute various research projects, working closely with the Research Manager as you endeavour through the use of analytical tools such as Excel, questionnaires which you have helped design and data collection, to bring actions and strategy derived from insights to the forefront. You must possess a Degree/Postgrad Degree in Business Science/Economics/Tourism or related tertiary qualification with 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role including Project Management, Presentations and basic Cost and Time Management.
- Work together with stakeholders to translate business questions and challenges into research designs that will provide insights and solutions.
- Lead the design and development of questionnaires.
- Moderate qualitative projects, including 1-on-1 interviews and online discussions.
- Analyse data using Excel and other analytical tools to highlight actionable insights.
- Co-ordinate and work with suppliers.
- Collect data from stakeholders and conduct desktop research.
- Develop presentations, including charts and graphs from data.
- Participate in strategic planning.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- A Degree or Post Graduate Degree in Business Science, Economics, Tourism or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience working in the Research industry.
- Experience in conducting Quantitative and Qualitative Research.
- Project Management skills.
- Basic commercial skills (Cost and Time Management).
- Strong presentation skills.
- Tourism industry experience will be highly advantageous.
- Driver’s Licence is advantageous.
- Analytical ability.
- Relationship building skills.
- Teamwork and negotiation skills.