Reporting Analyst / Data Analyst
Pretoria/Centurion – Gauteng
A Company that has built a reputation as a trusted partner on major transport and energy infrastructure projects around the world, is looking for a motivated and highly driven Reporting Analyst / Data Analyst, who will be responsible for designing and developing reporting environment as well as coordinating with the rest of the team on different layers of infrastructure.
- Design business analysis and data recording systems for use throughout the division.
- Maintain databases and perform updates as necessary to ensure accuracy.
- Regularly examine data reports to locate and resolve mistakes throughout.
- Accurately analyse and collect data for various types of business reports.
- Create business reports that provide insight into key data points.
- Communicate the results of data analysis in written and verbal form to managers.
- Support various departments, including marketing and sales, in reaching their goals through analysis.
- Monitor data to identify changes in financial and business trends.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Work independently as well as part of a team.
- Alignment with company vision, goals, and values.
- Proficient in PowerBi with a good knowledge of its ecosystems.
- Familiarity and proficiency in database knowledge and understanding, including MSSQL.
- Experienced in implementing reporting solutions.
- One to three years of experience as a financial or business analyst.
- Analytical skills that allow for the development of data-driven reports.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and prioritize projects to meet deadlines.
- Ability to use MSSQL, Microsoft Excel and PowerBi.
- Ability to write Stored Procedures to prepare for reporting in PowerBi.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively relate data to co-workers.
- Excellent critical thinking skills to help solve business problems and make decisions.
- General knowledge of business operations, objectives, strategies, process and information flow.
- Motivated and highly driven.
- Committed to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design and quality product delivery.
- Visionary and self-starter with a view to seeing business process optimisation and development/streamlining.
- Strong interpersonal skills.