Regional Manager (JHB Remote)
Johannesburg – Gauteng ~ Remote
AN innovative Retail Financial Services Provider urgently seeks a highly strategic and experience Regional Manager to lead a team of Sales Professionals in the Joburg Market. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record partnering with other businesses and a good grasp of the Retail industry with some kind of Credit knowledge. You must have Matric/Grade 12, a suitable tertiary qualification with 5 years’ work experience within a Retail environment and at least 3 years’ having worked in a similar role including experience have led a Sales team. The role is remote, but you must be based in Johannesburg.
- Plan, develop and implement a sales strategy for the region that is consistent with the overall goals and objectives of the Sales division.
- Manage sales effort, including activities of the Credit team and related Credit Programme functions.
- Ensure the adherence to Credit Programme policies in relation to compliance with local regulation and standard operating procedures through audits and other control measures.
- Ensure that agreed policies and procedures relating to Retail Partners are adhered to.
- Manage the team, including recruitment, performance management, training, development, motivation, work allocation, succession and employee relations.
- Maintain internal and external stakeholder management, particularly in the retail partnership environment.
- Participate in the development of operating goals and objectives of the region, including recommendations, implementing procedures and ways of working to ensure the optimal performance of the region.
- Assist in the annual budget planning process and ensure expenditure within budget.
- Analyse and appraise the effectiveness of sales methodology, costs, and results.
- Respond to enquiries and requests from stores, customers and teams – research and resolve problems; collaborate with other business units in the resolution of day-to-day issues.
- Matric / Grade 12.
- Relevant tertiary qualification.
- 5 Years’ work experience in a Retail environment.
- 3 Tears within a similar Regional Manager role.
- Experience managing a team of Sales Professionals.