Recons and Collections Administrator
Durban – KwaZulu Natal
Join the Durban team of a cutting-edge UK-based Tech Group seeking a Recons and Collections Administrator to ensure the company’s cash flow is maximized through efficient and effective debt collection and reconciliation. The successful candidate will have a tertiary qualification in accounting, bookkeeping and/or finance and 3 years’ experience in an accounting/financial/debtors and creditors role.
- Reconciliation of multi-currency merchant accounts to system. Large book value.
- Performing effective debt collection by following processes implemented by the organisation.
- Address irregularities identified on third-party reconciliation and invoicing.
- Maintain accurate records of all debtor and creditor accounts.
- Pursue collection of outstanding amounts and provide regular reports.
- Compile weekly cashflow statements and financial reports as required by Financial Accountants.
- Daily analysis of payment processing activity and perform risk assessments through internal control procedures.
- Minimize losses on foreign exchange and implement cost-saving measures.
- Ensure no critical business processes are compromised.
- Ensure third party payment provider requirements are being met.
- Ensure card schemes’ rules and limitations are adhered to.
- Ensure a key finger on the pulse in terms of Business cashflow and timeous alerting to stakeholders in any delay in collections and cashflow impediments.
- Tertiary qualification in accounting, bookkeeping and/or finance.
- 3 years’ experience in an accounting/financial/debtors and creditors role.
- Microsoft Office – Excel – Intermediate: Vlookups, Pivot Tables, Sumifs, Gmail & Google Drive
- Vision orientated and purposeful individual.
- Articulate and great communicator.
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to operate under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Great attitude and interpersonal skills.
- People orientated; team player Service delivery orientated.
- Takes pride in his / her output.
- High Accountability.