Quants Developer (SQL)
IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape
A dynamic Financial Services company seeks the coding abilities of a strong analytical & self-driven Quants Developer whose core role will be to develop new features and systems. The ideal candidate must have at least 1 year work experience using SQL – preferably within the Financial sector, strong Mathematical/Stats ability, SQL, T-SQL & SQL data transformation processes, able to interpret and analyse large quantities of portfolio and market data and understands the business impact of technical output.
- Develop new features and systems.
- Extend existing systems.
- Maintain existing systems.
- Use technical knowledge and experience to improve business processes.
- Investigate and resolve user support requests.
- Close working relationship with Developers and Product Owner.
- Assist with implementation and rollout for system changes.
- Client facing for support requests (internal clients).
- Relevant Degree (e.g. BCom, B.Bus.Sci etc) or Diploma from a recognised institution.
- At least 1 year experience using SQL, preferably within the Financial sector.
- Strong Mathematical/Statistical abilities.
- Knowledge of SQL (T-SQL) stored procedures and SQL data transformation processes.
- Understanding the business impact of technical output.
- Can interpret and analyse large quantities of portfolio and market data.
- Financial Services background.
- Self-motivated and displays initiative.
- Clear communication, both verbally and in writing, in order to fulfill development requirements.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and unstructured environment.