Quality Automation Engineer (CPT Hybrid)
IT – Software Testing
Cape Town – Western Cape
- Participate in an Agile development process as projects require.
- Collaborate with the team to continually improve the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process –
- Identify bottlenecks or inefficiencies.
- Research new tools, technologies, and testing processes.
- Make recommendations to tooling or process improvements.
- Manually verify software patches before they are delivered to customers.
- Collaborate with the Development team to plan, create, manage and execute the overall test plan per feature –
- Create test plans.
- Document test cases.
- Manually test user stories to ensure acceptance criteria are met.
- Create automated tests to cover the test plan as far as possible.
- Assist with troubleshooting of customer support cases.
- Enable customers and service organisations by actively engaging on relevant IM channels.
- Completed relevant Programming / Automation courses, Certifications, or Degrees.
- Completed ISTQB Foundation preferred.
- 5-8 Years of experience as a Quality Assurance/Automation Engineer.
- At least 3 years’ experience working with modern Continuous Integration and Automated Testing practices.
- Must be able to work across the full technology stack i.e., frontend and backend testing.
- Required Skills –
- Protractor / Cypress / Playwright or similar.
- Linux command line basics.
- Jenkins configuration and pipelines.
- REST API integration and testing using Postman or similar.
- TestLink / Qmetry.
- Must hold current valid Driver’s License and passport.
- Must be able to travel from time to time.
- You must have the legal right to work in South Africa.
Preferred skills –
- Robot Framework.
- Bash scripting.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Motivated, self-starter.
- Fast learner.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work across technology stacks.