Quality Assurance Software Tester (JHB)
IT – Software Testing
Johannesburg – Gauteng
A national provider of Digital Communications in Joburg seeks to fill the role of a Quality Assurance Software Tester who’s passionate about delivering high quality in a reliable, repeatable fashion and who can appreciate the need for a great user experience. Your role will entail developing and executing software test plans and test cases for new applications, application enhancements and conducting both Manual & Automation Testing. You will require a relevant Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience, suitable Software Testing Certifications, 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role and hands-on test planning and execution experience including project sizing, test strategy, test data definition, data setup, etc., proficiency with C#, Java, Windows, Linux, JIRA, SQL and Agile & Waterfall methodologies.
- Responsible for developing and executing software test plans and test cases for new applications, application enhancements for client/server based, web-based and mobile-based software.
- Create, enhance, debug and run test cases.
- Ability to do both Manual and Automation Testing.
- Develop tests to verify feature, functionality and performance for 3rd-party and in-house developed applications.
- Record test results and generate written reports that detail the findings/bugs, etc., and help to diagnose issues discovered during QA testing.
- Develop automation scripts for Repetitive and Regression Tests.
- Defect logging and follow up with Dev team.
- Analyse historical data to categorize and identify root causes of issues and find areas for improvement.
- Interact with various departments to solve issues.
- Report progress on problem identification and resolution.
- Assist in other various tasks related to the QA.
- Work in a fast-paced environment that requires frequent shifts of focus.
- Work in a collaborative team environment to implement new products and features.
- Work closely with the Dev team to clearly understand the product, intended functionality, and user workflows.
- Analyse, design, and create functional test plans that can be automated using Automation Testing tools.
- Execute Front-End tests against documented requirements, Regression Test, Exploratory Tests, and End-to-end
- Workflow Tests.
- Identify, document, and track defects quickly and precisely to resolution.
- Relevant Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent experience.
- Relevant Software Testing Certifications.
- 3 – 5 Years –
- Experience as a Software Test Engineer or Software QA Engineer.
- Hands-on experience in test planning and execution activities, project sizing, test strategy, test data definition, data setup, test execution, defect reporting & communication of status/metrics.
- C# and Java Programming skills to write code to automate test cases and testing steps.
- Working on web applications and web-based technologies.
- In full software/system development life cycle (SDLC).
- Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Experience using JIRA
- Test Automation and tools including planning, assessments, script development & maintenance.
- Strong understanding of one or more querying languages, such as SQL.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.