QA Tester (JHB/PE)
IT – Software Testing
Johannesburg – Gauteng ~ Port Elizabeth – Eastern Cape
A leading provider of supply chain technology and consulting solutions to emerging markets across the globe is seeking to employ a QA Tester who will be required to execute tests and validate results using manual methods on system and sub-system level. You will also execute test cases with a meticulous attention to detail for all areas of the software products, capture, analyze and summarize results (defects) and produce a defect report. You must have experience in multiple levels of testing, knowledge and working experience in Functional Testing and experience in Jira and Confluence. A recognised IT Qualification will be advantageous.
- Determine which functionality or business rules need to be tested.
- Based on the information procured in the above step decide how it is to be tested.
- Inform the project manager about what all resources will be required for software testing.
- Develop test cases and prioritize testing activities.
- Execute all the test cases and report defects, define severity and priority for each defect.
- Carry out regression testing every time changes are made to the code to fix defects.
- Provide adequate reports for testing to be done as well as testing completed.
- Update and report on Known issues and follow-up on the completion of these.
- Analyze current test tools and provide suggestions on alternatives for new software or upgrade of existing software.
- Participate in scrum meetings.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple testing projects running concurrently.
- Experience in multiple levels of testing.
- Knowledge and working experience in Functional Testing.
- Experience in Jira and Confluence.
- Experience in working with Development teams.
- Industry related experience.
- Postman / Insomnia.
- Jira / Confluence / Qmetry.
- Automated testing tools.
Desired Skills That Will Be Beneficial:
- Required – Recognized IT Qualification.
- Advantageous – (ISTQB Foundation or similar QA Qualification).
- Analytical mind-set and logical thinker.
- Good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Solution-driven, with an eagerness to find and solve problems.
- Ability to communicate clearly in a written and verbal manner.
- Keen to learn new skills and share knowledge with the team.
- Good time management.
- Making efficient use of available resources.
- Communicate effectively with other teams while under time pressure to ensure high quality and timely expedition of testing cycles.
- Take ownership of work and problems.
- Excellent written, verbal, analytical, and communication skills required.
- Ability to work independently, clearly communicating testing plan and status.
- Ability to set priorities, produce accurate work, and meet deadlines;
- Ability to function in a setting with a wide variety of duties and numerous interruptions.
- Diligent, results-oriented work habits.