QA Tester (JHB)
IT – Software Testing
Johannesburg – Gauteng
JOIN a vibrant and fast-growing team of a provider of custom Software Solutions seeking a highly meticulous & analytical QA Tester whose core role will include both Manual and Automated Testing. You will also be expected to create and execute test plans and test cases, develop and maintain test strategies while thinking and planning ahead to identify possible defects and workflow issues created by new functionality. You will need 6+ years’ QA experience including Regression, Performance, Stress, Unit, API, Integration, and Security Testing, proficiency with Selenium and Postman, able to design/create frameworks and experience with Agile Methodology.
- Manual and Automated Testing.
- Create and execute test plans and test cases.
- Ensure comprehensive test coverage by working closely with Product and Engineering teams.
- Develop and maintain test strategies.
- Promote quality through manual and automated testing, use of best practices, and taking ownership of tasks.
- Assist with development and maintenance of quality standards and processes.
- Participate in planning, estimating, grooming and retrospective meetings.
- Use information from planning meetings to begin creation of test cases.
- Think and plan ahead to identify possible defects and workflow issues created by new functionality.
- 6+ Years’ experience –
- Quality Assurance.
- With all types of testing including Regression, Performance, Stress, Unit, API, Integration, and Security Testing.
- Selenium and Postman.
- Designing/Creating frameworks.
- Agile Methodology.
- Experience with Black, Gray and White Box testing
- Experience with TCM software and methods.
- Ownership of test plan development and execution for customer-facing applications.
- Knowledge of professional Software Engineering practices for the entire Software Development life cycle, including source control management, build processes, testing, operations.
- An ISTQB certification would be a bonus.
- Understanding of SQA methodologies, techniques and approaches.