QA Test Specialist (Flexcube)
IT – Software Testing
Cape Town – Western Cape
EXECUTE test plans & test cases while generating and maintaining automation scripts as the next QA Test Specialist sought by a dynamic Finance Administration Firm to join its team. You will also be expected to document and track software bugs identified through testing and generally work with Developers to resolve outstanding issues. The ideal candidate must have at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role, Flexcube, HTML, CSS, SQL and experience within the Retail Investment domain and knowledge of Transfer Agency.
- Develop and document test plans, test cases, SQL scripts and automation scripts based on user requirements, condition data as required.
- Document and execute Regression, Functional, and Integration tests.
- Document and track software failures using JIRA and/or similar tools.
- Work with Developers and QA team members to resolve outstanding bugs.
- Support ongoing work to automate and document QA Regression Testing.
- 3+ Years’ experience as a QA Engineer.
- Knowledge of Flexcube.
- Knowledge of Retail Investment domain.
- Knowledge of Transfer Agency.
- Knowledge of Font-end Development technologies and tools e.g., HTML, CSS etc.
- Knowledge of Database query languages e.g., SQL.
- Knowledge of web applications.
Software, Systems Knowledge
- Understanding of financial markets and financial systems.
- Experience with testing Financial products and websites.
- SQL experience.
- Detail oriented, and not willing to say "OK" until something meets your standards.
- Passionate about great user experiences.
- Knowledgeable about Testing methodologies.
- Able to develop test plans and test cases in an Agile development environment.
- A great team player, able to interact easily with both business and technology stakeholders.
- Full of ideas about how to make your life easier through effective Automation of Quality Assurance Testing.
- Strong analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively with teams and stakeholders.
- Ability to source information from the users/clients.
- Ability to work under pressure, time management, provide reasonable effort estimations and to be able to multitask across multiple projects and communicate effectively.