QA Specialist / Tester
IT – Software Testing
Cape Town – Western Cape
BRING your passion for exceptional user experience & proven track record of coaching testing principles, as the next QA Specialist/Tester sought by a dynamic Finance Administration Firm. You will be responsible for testing and related duties operating on a small, dedicated QA team operating within a Windows environment. You will develop, document, and execute test plans and test cases, as well as generate and maintain automation scripts if required as well as document, and track software bugs identified through testing and generally work with Developers to resolve outstanding issues. The ideal candidate must have 3+ years’ experience as a QA Engineer, solid knowledge of Flexcube, Retail Investment Domain, Transfer Agency, HTML, CSS, SQL, Web Applications, Testing Methodologies, Financial markets & systems and experience testing financial products and websites.
- Develop and document test plans, test cases, SQL scripts and automation scripts based on user requirements, condition data as required.
- Document and execute Regression, Functional, and Integration Tests.
- Document and track software failures using JIRA and/or similar tools.
- Work with Developers and QA team members to resolve outstanding bugs.
- Support ongoing work to automate and document QA Regression Testing.
- 3+ years’ experience as a QA Engineer.
- Knowledge of –
- Retail Investment domain
- Transfer Agency
- Front-end Development technologies and tools e.g., HTML, CSS etc.
- Database Query Languages e.g., SQL
- Web Applications
- Testing Methodologies
- Able to develop test plans and test cases in an Agile Development environment.
- Understanding of financial markets and financial systems.
- Experience with testing financial products and websites.
- SQL experience beneficial.
- Detail oriented, and not willing to say "OK" until something meets your standards.
- Passionate about great user experiences.
- A great team player, able to interact easily with both business and technology stakeholders
- Full of ideas about how to make your life easier through effective automation of Quality Assurance Testing.
- Strong analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively with teams and stakeholders.
- Able to source information from the users/clients.
- Ability to work under pressure, time management, provide reasonable effort estimations and to be able to multi-task across multiple projects and communicate effectively.