QA Consultant (JHB/CPT)
IT – Software Testing
Cape Town – Western Cape ~ Johannesburg – Gauteng
A European-based Software Specialist seeks a proactive & performance-driven QA Consultant to join its team where you will play a key role to the success of projects by providing customers with modern, scalable retail store solutions that will significantly boost their business. You will also be expected to perform unit & functional testing on all planned deliverables, identify quality faults & bugs while excelling in the configuration of the product ensuring the customer’s expectations are met. You will require a University Degree in Economics/Computer Science, 1+ years’ experience in a retail environment for Point of Sale and retail system solutions, a strong background working with JAVA developments and the ability to script in Java (Office: Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint a pre-requisite), deployments on Windows & Linux operating systems, a developing understanding of the SAP retail solution offering and integration concepts & enterprise scale software implementations. Your ability to speak German will prove beneficial. You must possess a valid passport as extensive travel both locally and abroad will be expected.
- Work closely with the Lead Functional Consultant and Lead Developer to analyse the required business functional requirements for a solution.
- Configure the standard solution for all non-development requirements.
- Perform Unit Testing and Functional Testing on all planned deliverables to the customer (standard product and new developments) prior to release to the customer.
- Rapidly identify all quality faults and bugs and accurately and effectively communicate these to the Product Development Team to gain quick and effective resolution.
- Remain engaged during any development design phase to ensure the development is aligned with the required deliverables to minimise any rework and delays.
- Work with the Functional Consultants to identify the test case scenarios and develop the test case pack accordingly.
- Perform product deployments into the customer’s development environments for on-site functional and performance testing.
- Work with the customer’s Business Analysts and Test Team to ensure that the product functions according to the agreed design.
- Work with the Project Team to rapidly identify and resolve any quality issues or functional shortfalls of the solution according to the agreed solution design.
- Work alongside both the customer and also the Software Global Consulting Specialists (often collaborating remotely).
- Become extensively skilled in the tools and products sold by the business.
- Provide support to customer support and deployment teams, as well as project team members.
- Ensure that all deliverables are received ahead of time and have been correctly quality checked before submission to the customer.
- Perform and excel in configuration of the product to perform to the requirements of the customer’s expectations. ** This does not involve development.
- Ensure accurate time keeping in JIRA system for the purposes of cost allocation and effort analysis.
- University Degree in Economics or Computer Science.
- 1+ Years’ experience in a retail environment for Point of Sale and retail system solutions a pre-requisite.
- A developing understanding of the SAP retail solution offering and integration concepts within this solution offering.
- Knowledge and experience in enterprise scale software implementations & solutions.
- Inventory management and retail business processes is critical.
- Strong technical IT skills for solution deployments on Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Strong background in working with Java development and the ability to script in Java (Office: Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint a pre-requisite).
- Good business acumen and experience in working in large corporations in a matrix structure.
- Excellent business standard language in English, oral and written. Strong effective communicator in writing, business presentations and in interpersonal communication.
- Strong logic and root-cause analysis skills to expedite the quality analysis phase of the project.
- Clear and focused configuration of business requirements using the Software retail solutions to achieve the designed business solution outputs.
- A valid passport as both local and international travel will be expected, often for extensive periods.
- Ability to speak in German.
- Analytical skills – ability to identify processes and analyse business logic flows and rules.
- Good time management skills.
- Change management skills to ensure that there is high co-operation within the customer environment. Often, we pose a threat to the team that has been incumbent for years – yet our growth and future depends on their involvement to make our project a success.
- Strong documentation and meticulous record keeping.
- Able to establish a trust relationship with the client.
- Able to handle situations of conflict and conflict resolution.
- A motivated, proactive and dynamic individual.
- A goal driven individual with a strong record of performance and delivering value to customers and bring new technologies to market.