QA Automation Engineer (JHB/CPT/Remote)
IT – Software Testing
Cape Town – Western Cape ~ Johannesburg – Gauteng ~ Remote
JOIN a rapidly growing FinTech B2B SaaS business on a mission to streamline the lifecycle of structured product & private asset deals seeking your technical expertise as a QA Automation Engineer. Your core role will be to undertake all system test-related activities including investigating test automation tools, Functional and Integration Testing, logging & tracking defects and marrying technical requirements and business requirements. You must have 5+ years’ experience as a QA Analyst or similar role working on SaaS products, preferably within the Financial Services space, 3 years of Automation Testing experience, including implementation and maintenance of automation tests and proficiency with Katalon, Selenium, Appium or equivalent, RestSharp, RestAssured, Swagger or equivalent.
- Undertake all system test-related activities in support of products.
- Analyse and investigate test automation tools.
- Undertake Functional and Integration Testing.
- Undertake quality assurance checks during the product development process to ensure that only ‘fit-for-purpose’ code is delivered into production – especially making sure that defects are eliminated before the software is deployed to production.
- Marry the technical requirements and business requirements.
- Produce reports; prepare, organise and deliver presentations using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Understand system requirements and create test cases –
- Be involved at the start of any work stream to fully understand the product and the team’s objectives before any testing activities can start.
- Fully understand the specific feature under test.
- Product testing vs business requirements validation.
- Ensure that test scenarios and scripts (Both manual and automation) are prepared in a structured way, prioritised to reflect business or technical priorities and are approved by appropriate stakeholders. Scope is to cover test cycle contents and regression packs.
- Create automated test scripts.
- Monitor automation and manual test execution and review results.
- Identify, log and track defects.
- Monitor planned product work.
- Execute Regression Tests to ensure that defect fixes have not broken existing functionality.
- Replicate in the QA environment any issues picked up in production.
- User training, where required.
- Co-ordinate re-testing of defects and issues.
- Prepare and maintain relevant test documentation, including test scripts, narrative and written reports, and visual progress charts.
- Liaise with and assist the relevant teams regarding test planning, testing activity, and test results analysis.
- Take responsibility for: time management; reporting and monitoring; risk management; issue management; quality assurance and change management.
- Support QAs and other team members with the implementation of testing-related activities.
- QA effort estimation.
- Carry out other tasks as agreed with your Line Manager and/or Product Manager.
- 5+ Years’ experience as a QA Analyst or similar role working on SaaS products, preferably within the Financial Services space.
- At least 3 years of Automation Testing experience, including implementation and maintenance of automation tests.
- A strong blend of technical, analytical and testing skills to ensure the quality of new and existing product features during development and in production.
- Proficient with web and mobile test automation tools like Katalon, Selenium, Appium or equivalent.
- Proficient with API test automation tools like RestSharp, RestAssured, Swagger or equivalent.
- Basic understanding of performance and security testing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills suitable for deep collaboration with your colleagues and senior management.
- You are comfortable working in a cross-functional product team alongside Developers, Designers and Product Managers.
- You can identify product opportunities and associated risks.
- Able to contribute effectively towards the objectives of a team, and be able to share knowledge, ideas and information. Aware of the needs, objectives and constraints of those in other disciplines and functions.
- Able to solve problems in a measured and creative way.