Property Portfolio Manager
Cape Town – Western Cape
BE responsible for the efficient management and optimization of a portfolio of properties within the group of a dynamic provider of innovative Internet Solutions. You will manage a property portfolio of residential and commercial properties across South Africa involves overseeing all aspects of property management, including tenant relations, property maintenance, financial performance, and lease administration. The successful incumbent must preferably have a Property Management Certification (e.g., NQF Level 4) with proven experience in property management or a similar role, knowledge of South African property laws and regulations, building works and municipal bylaws and basic maintenance matters. You must also be able to work independently and manage multiple properties simultaneously & be proficient in property management software, preferably MDA and Microsoft Office.
Tenant Relations –
- Attract and screen potential tenants.
- Exit and entry inspections.
- Handle tenant inquiries, complaints, and requests promptly and professionally.
- Ensure high tenant satisfaction and retention rates.
Developments / Project Management –
- Assist with developments and improvements on properties.
Lease Administration –
- Draft, negotiate, and execute leases.
- Monitor lease terms and renewals.
- Maintain accurate lease records and documents.
Financial Management –
- Prepare and manage property maintenance budgets.
- Collect and record rental payments.
- Monitor and control property expenses.
- Provide regular financial reports to property owners or investors.
Property Maintenance –
- Oversee property maintenance and repairs.
- Ensure properties meet health and safety standards.
- Conduct property inspections regularly.
Market Analysis –
- Conduct market research to determine rental rates.
- Recommend pricing strategies to maximize rental income.
Legal and Compliance –
- Ensure compliance with all relevant property laws and regulations.
- Handle eviction proceedings if necessary.
- Manage insurance and risk assessment for properties.
- Provide property owners or investors with updates on portfolio status.
- Prepare reports for monthly property meetings.
Client Communication –
- Maintain open and effective communication with property owners, investors, and stakeholders.
- Body Corporates and HOA.
- Property Management Certification (e.g., NQF Level 4) – Preferred.
- Proven experience in property management or a similar role.
- Knowledge of South African property laws and regulations.
- Strong financial management skills.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in property management software, preferably MDA and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple properties simultaneously.
- Understanding of building plans and approval processes.
- Knowledge of building works and municipal bylaws.
- Knowledge of basic maintenance matters such as plumbing, electrical etc.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving abilities.
- Critical thinking.