Project Manager / Scrum Master (CPT) (Hybrid) (Contract)
Cape Town – Western Cape
An organisation that consolidates all person-level health data in the province to support service delivery and patient care, especially for priority health conditions such as HIV, TB and, more recently, COVID-19 is seeking to employ a skilled Project Manager / Scrum Master on a 12 Month Contract basis and with at least 5 years of Microsoft Development experience, and a relevant tertiary qualification and/or applicable courses.
The role of the Project Manager/Scrum Master encompasses many activities including (but not limited to):
- Project managing multiple projects utilising the WCG Prince 2 and Project Management Body of Knowledge framework.
- Managing project scope, activities, resourcing, budgets, documentation.
- Providing reports at various levels as required by the WCG.
- Reporting and capturing on the provincial enterprise project management system.
- Management of risks, issues, and project milestones.
- Managing business expectations and ensuring overall project delivery.
- Ensuring quality control of deliverables.
- Eliciting support and authority of senior management to ensure project delivery.
- Find methods to effectively manage the product backlog.
- Help communicate the owner’s wish list to the project team.
- Arrange and optimise product backlog.
- Organise scrum events as necessary.
- Lead and coach scrum adoption.
- Plan scrum implementation.
- Implement changes and steps to increase the team’s productivity.
- Collaborate with other scrum masters to improve the methodologies’ efficiency.
- Guide and train teams on agile development methodologies.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or applicable courses.
- Minimum of 7+ years’ experience in a project manager or equivalent role.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in Scrum Master or equivalent role.
- Knowledge of Scrum Methodologies and DevOps will be advantageous.