Project Manager (SAP & Retail) (JHB/CPT)
Cape Town – Western Cape ~ Johannesburg – Gauteng
ENSURE the flawless execution of projects as your strong negotiation and exceptional delivery skills as a Project Manager (SAP & Retail) is sought by a fast-paced Software Solutions Provider. Must-Haves include a PMP qualification, extensive Retail experience preferably in a POS environment and SAP. You must also have 1+ year in Agile Project Management, you must be skilled MS Project, have detailed SDLC knowledge & proven experience managing large complex Development projects across multiple teams that are geographically dispersed. You must also be the holder of a valid passport as both local and international travel will be expected.
- Manage internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Report and escalate to management timeously to ensure proactive responses.
- Successfully manage the relationship with the internal team, client, third parties/vendors and all stakeholders.
- Perform risk management to minimise negative project risks.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation throughout the project lifecycle.
- Project planning, management, optimization and results monitoring.
- Responsible for managing deadlines, budgets, quality and scope.
- Support and advise customers on site.
- Technical leadership of interdisciplinary project teams.
- Provide status reports to our customers and the management team.
- Change Management.
- Internal and External Communication.
- Issue management and de-escalation.
- Time Management.
- PMP qualification.
- Extensive Retail experience, preferably in a POS environment.
- SAP POS (Point of Sale) experience.
- Agile Project Management experience of more than 1 year.
- Microsoft Project.
- Detailed knowledge in SDLC essential.
- Proven experience in the management of large complex Development projects across multiple teams that are geographically dispersed.
- Communications management, change management and issue management are vital – ‘deep diving‘ into PM topics is essential for the candidates and is a key part of their role.
- Strong Negotiation skills.
- Travel internationally and locally in support of active projects.
- A valid passport.
- Very articulate and able to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Accuracy and reliability.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Excellent English oral and written skills.
- Time flexibility.