Johannesburg – Gauteng
A well-known South African industrial Internet of Things (IoT) firm that focuses on AI-enhanced solutions for enhancing digital productivity, workplace safety, and employee healthcare is actively seeking a Project Manager. This individual will be responsible for ensuring the effective execution, oversight, and organization of projects related to mining and health and safety, all while aligning with the specified project objectives and adhering to PMO governance. To be eligible for this position, you should possess a Bachelor’s degree or National Diploma in fields such as Engineering, IT, Accounting, Project Management, or a related qualification, along with a Project Management certification (PMI-PMP).
- Focus on cultivating positive customer relationships and enhancing project delivery to ensure both project profitability and the fulfilment of customer value according to predefined success criteria.
- Develop detailed project plans and maintain monthly schedules updates in accordance with PMO governances.
- Coordinate internal resources (personnel, equipment, and materials) to ensure that project tasks are executed in accordance to defined scope, on time, on budget and adhere to quality standards.
- Ensure that external vendors and contractors deliver on time and according to specifications outlined in the contract.
- Conduct client site visit as required by project and managed efficient use of Project Engineers, Field Engineers and Solutions Consultants in your projects.
- Manage and track project cost including invoicing on completed work in the project.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate formal change control processes.
- Report and escalate client concern or any project blockers to management as needed.
- Establish and maintain good relationship with the client, vendors, and all stakeholders.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks across the project lifecycle.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation to support implementation.
- Facilitate proper project handover which includes training and change management.
- Delegate project tasks based on junior staff members’ individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques to analyse the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
- Meet budgetary objectives and adjust project constraints based on financial analysis.
- Preform project retrospectives and report on the project KPIs (Cost, schedule, Scope) on project completion.
- Bachelor’s degree or National Diploma in Engineering, IT, Accounting, Project Management, or related qualification.
- Certification in Project Management (PMI-PMP)
- Prince2 certification would be beneficial.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience as a project manager.
- Proven track record of successful project delivery as a team/ individually (on time, within budget) of moderate to large/complex projects (>R1 million)
- Experience in Managing at least 10 projects at a given time.
- Experience working with Project Management tools (Microsoft Projects, PWA, Jira, SharePoint and PowerBI for visualization).
- Experienced in using Microsoft suite (MSP, Word, PowerPoint, etc)
- Experience with Hardware and Software deployment integration in Project management.
- Experience in working for a business that is in the scale-up phase would be beneficial.
- Mining, IT industry (Software Engineering, AI, and Machine Learning) project management experience would be beneficial.
- Mining industry project management experience
- Project management experience that includes physical hardware and software deployment
- Experience in working for a business that is in the scale-up phase
- Project management experience in machine vision/machine learning solutions