Pretoria/Centurion – Gauteng
A Health Tech Solution Company located in Pretoria is currently searching for a dynamic Project Manager. This role involves being accountable for the successful management and completion of a range of exciting strategic projects within the medical and health tech realm, encompassing Software as a Service (SaaS) and Hardware as a Service (HaaS). The Project Manager will also take on the responsibility of ensuring that resources possess the necessary knowledge and information to bring projects to fruition within the specified timelines. The projects themselves can span from launching hardware projects into the market to handling substantial internal feature development initiatives. The essential qualification required for this role is a relevant formal certification in Project Management.
Project Management 60%
- Develop strategies (“way-of-work”) for the implementation of projects within the company including tool identification, documentation requirements, and considering all aspects including commercialisation, legal and operational.
- Follow best practice project management methodologies in sustaining high quality, clean, auditable, and manageable projects.
- Define draft project scope, objectives, milestones, and timelines.
- Conduct market research relating to the project needs and requirements, facilitate workshop(s) to refine the scope and ensure translation of requirements into a detailed project plan, to be signed off by the line manager.
- Identify, track, and ensure sufficient mitigation for risks to project implementation and on-time delivery.
- Manage project budgets, tracking against actuals and reporting on such to management.
- Drive change management between stakeholders to ensure successful project delivery.
- Track and report on project progress on agreed-upon cadence.
- Ensure on-time and in-full delivery of project milestones and outcomes in accordance with defined deadlines.
Stakeholder Management & Communication 30%
- Identify stakeholders and ensure buy-in and alignment.
- Coordinate and conduct feedback meetings with stakeholders, keeping meeting notes and communicating next steps and deliverables to all stakeholders.
- Define communication platforms and cadences and ensure adherence by larger project team (i.e., Creating relevant slack channels and project meetings).
- Keep all stakeholders up to date within the above defined cadence and plan.
- Proactive course correction, communication, and stakeholder management in terms of any delays in deliverables, project risks, or critical path alterations.
- Ensure appropriate handover to relevant stakeholders after successful completion of project.
- Manage the expectations from stakeholders in line with business requirements and required timelines, preventing scope creep where necessary and ensuring that project purpose remains clear and achievable.
Record- Keeping 10%
- Compile relevant documentation before, during and after the project completion, and ensure handover to relevant stakeholders.
- Compile relevant records as is necessary for compliance to ISO, CE, FDA (and other) standards and requirements as is applicable.
- Ensure creation and storage of project documentation is in accordance with the company’s QMS processes and requirements.
- Take personal ownership for projects and work quality as well as contributing to team development and the company’s ecosystem.
Minimum education (essential):
- Relevant formal certification in Project Management
Minimum education (desirable):
- Registration at relevant project management institute
Minimum applicable experience (years):
- 5 years’ experience
Required nature of experience:
- Project Management
- Internal and external stakeholder management
Skills and Knowledge (essential):
- SaaS projects
- Process Management
- Project Initiation and Planning
- Project Control
- Risk Management
- Research and Presentation skills
- Examining Information
- Documenting Facts
- Providing Insights
- Making Decisions
- Managing Tasks
- Producing Output
- Taking Action
- Pursuing Goals
- Adopting Practical Approaches
- Exploring Possibilities
- Convincing People
- Articulating Information
- Directing People
- Conveying Self-Confidence
- Showing Composure
- Resolving Conflict
- Embracing Change
- Inviting Feedback
- Meeting Timescales
- Checking Things