Cape Town – Western Cape
The role of a Professional Assistant requires a capable and mature individual who can run a professional portfolio and office of the CEO and key executives. The position requires the ability to work independently, excellent communication and administrative skills. The primary objectives of the role are to build capacity for the Executive that allows him/her to focus on building the organisation, ensuring the smooth running of the company offices thereby servicing the greater organisation and their ability to execute on their objectives. A Tertiary qualification for this role is beneficial.
- Reading, monitoring, and responding to email.
- Fielding calls, taking messages, and following through to ensure the necessary action and responses are concluded.
- Assessing and filtering incoming matters and directing to appropriate owners in the business and escalating when required.
- Delegating work on the Executives request.
- Managing and maintaining excellent diary management and all the associated arrangements including attendee coordination, boardroom and venue bookings, catering and other.
- Managing and maintaining an efficient filing system.
- Liaising with customers, suppliers and employees when required.
- Preparing professional documentation that meets the company’s standards (letters, presentations, reports, board packs etc.). This includes coordinating and managing the contributions of various parties, ensuring document continuity and standardisation.
- Acting points at meetings and transcribing the same. Distribution of minutes once authorised.
- Travel management including booking of flights, cars, accommodation, and international requirements when necessary.
- Management of incidental company expenses through credit card process including following the required authorisation process, keeping detailed records/receipts and accurate and timely reconciliations.
- Overall office upkeep and housekeeping. Ensuring that the offices always present the image of the company.
- Overseeing and arranging company events.
- Supporting other members of the Executive as required.
- Office stock management including stationary, groceries and cleaning materials.
- Team leadership of the Office Support Team including:
- Facilities staff
- Tertiary qualification beneficial
- Minimum 10+ year PA / Admin / Coordination experience essential
- Telecoms, Tech industry experience beneficial
- Fully MS Office literate (i.e., Advanced: Email, Word, PowerPoint, Intermediate: Excel) essential
- Competent in Google Suite essential
- Generally, technically astute
- Problem solver
- Team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills (listening, verbal and written)
- Excellent administration and coordination skills