Production Manager – Food Processing (Franschhoek)
Cape Town – Western Cape
A passionate, people-oriented, and meticulous Production Manager is sought by our client, nestled in the picturesque wine valley of Franschhoek, to join its Food Processing team. This position will focus on the manufacturing and processing of cold pressed juices, water bottling, and a popular aperitif. The ideal incumbent is a dynamic, positive professional with experience in food production and team management, possess a BSc/BTech/National Diploma in Food Science/Technology or suitable tertiary qualification with at least 5 years’ experience in Food Manufacturing (FMCG) or Production Management.
- Plan and organise production schedules and forecasts.
- Manage three Production teams.
- Monitor quality and output of production.
- Oversee management of raw materials.
- Maintain and ensure food safety standards.
- Ensure that the company culture is maintained and upheld daily.
- Manage and improve production staff retention and staff absenteeism.
- Organise relevant training sessions.
- Support the New Product Development (NPD) process by assisting and conducting trials and identifying optimal production methods.
- Work closely with and support the maintenance and Technical teams.
- BSc/BTech/National Diploma in Food Science/Technology or relevant qualification.
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in Food Manufacturing (FMCG) or Production Management.
- HACCP knowledge.
- Fresh Produce knowledge.
- Bottling or fruit packaging experience.
- Excellent communication skills (Afrikaans and English).
- Excellent people and process management skills.
- Strong analytical and technical skills.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous and quick to pick up on inaccuracies.
- Ability to delegate tasks, as required.
- Self-motivated and takes initiative.
- Ability to thrive under pressure.
- Deadline and target driven.
- Systematic and innovative.