Product Segment Specialist
Cape Town – Western Cape
DESIGN & drive the Product Strategy of a fast-paced IT Solutions Provider seeking your sales wizardry and Product Project Management experience to fill the role of a Product Segment Specialist. Joining the Sales team, you will own the Product Strategy and manage the end-to-end product lifecycle, product profitability, and roadmap. You will ensure the execution of all product features and through active engagement with relevant stakeholders, including internal sales/technical & marketing teams, international & SA partners and clients, to ensure product success. The Segment Specialist will achieve sales targets, develop and deliver against strategic account plan. This role involves traveling throughout South Africa and from time to time, overseas. Ability to present, train and instruct – delivering virtual/physical product demonstrations to both technical and sales clients/partners, is essential.
- Design and drive the Product Strategy.
- Ensure relevant products are represented in the market segment that you are responsible for.
- Ensure the product strategy is in line with business objectives.
- Liaise with stakeholders to ensure that the product/solution is integrated into the channel/market, and managed end to end.
- Perform competitor analysis and product research when required.
- Identify product opportunities in the market.
- Develop and execute a product rollout roadmap.
- Closely collaborate with senior leadership and other stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Analyse data, and report on metrics.
- Make informed product decisions based on insights.
- Iterate on business processes and CRM system requirements.
- Manage product profitability and reporting thereof.
- Deliver on the agreed sales targets (quotas) and revenue targets set.
- Own and drive pre-sales engagement activities with potential clients and existing clients.
- Develop professional customer interactions by actively building business relationships with multiple contacts points in client environments.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organisation.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Setup meetings with client decision makers.
- Own and drive proposals and RFPs to customers with input from Technical, Marketing and Account Management teams.
- Pricing the solution/service.
- Acquire a thorough understanding of key customer needs and requirements.
- Deliver on strategic plans.
- Identify, size and close new business opportunities.
- Generate new and existing sales. Develop existing and new relationships.
- Attend customer meetings to deliver technical content and presentations.
- Lead, review and document sales cycle.
- Keep up to date with latest product developments and within the industry in general.
- Attend conferences and events as required.
- Liaise and collaborate with Account Managers.
- Ensure training and certification of Account Managers is offered, and to collaborate with Sales/Operations Managers to ensure these are completed, and report thereon.
- Establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with those contacted during work.
- When required provide training, coaching and professional development to members of the team to enhance their knowledge and skills. At times it may be necessary to provide the relevant training on the use and functionality products and services to customers and other relevant third parties.
- Collaborate with AM’s and ensure account reviews specific to your segment of responsibility are carried out.
- Perform any other / or additional duties as dictated by the needs of the business.
- Ensure all relevant certifications are completed.
- Relationship management and communication with principals at s.r.o.
- Keep up to date with call information shared by s.r.o.
- Ensure all new product content/updates relating to your role are provided to the Marketing Department and shared internally to teams.
- Matric/Grade 12.
- 5 Years+ –
- IT Industry experience
- Channel experience
- Product Project Management experience
- Strong collaboration in team environment, ability to deliver independently.
- Thorough understanding of Sales methodologies.
- Working knowledge of industry.
- Proven sales track and business development record.
- Customer/Partner stakeholder commitment.
- Proven account management and development skills.
- Proven track record in growing existing accounts and developing new accounts.
- Proven track record in Senior and C-level engagement and relationship building.
- Ability to deliver virtual/physical product demonstrations to both technical and sales clients/partners.
- MS Office / PC Literate.
- Fluent in MS-Windows software.
- Familiar with various Antivirus software.
- Highly professional level of customer service and customer focus.
- Excellent telephonic, verbal & written communication skills.
- Ability to understand and communicate technical terms.
- Ability to continuously improve product knowledge.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills.
- Efficient time management.
- Works well under pressure.
- Ability to work as part of a team and help team out in all departments.
- Extremely patient and friendly disposition.