Product Owner (x2)
Cape Town – Western Cape
Define, plan, track & manage a portfolio of products as your strong leadership & innovative thinking is sought to be the next Product Owner of a data-driven Dev House offering state-of-the-art hardware & software solutions. You will further be responsible for identifying key resources, providing direction towards achieving the product objectives and managing customer and supplier involvement through the product lifespan. You will require Matric/Grade 12 or equivalent, be a Certified Agile Coach/Scrum Master (CSM) or Professional Scrum Master (PSM) or SAFeCertified Scrum with at least 4 years’ experience in a similar role including leading teams using Agile methodologies.
- Manage product initiation and roll-out.
- Identify project teams, leads, responsibilities, deliverables, dependencies and timelines.
- Manage product deliverables in line with the product plan.
- Manage Sprint planning, set sprint goals and the execution of Sprints.
- Manage Facilitation of –
- Backlog refinement sessions.
- Planning and prioritisation of sprints as well as creating them.
- Retrospective sessions.
- Coordinate and conduct activities with the Scrum team.
- Ensure all product tasks are loaded and tracked on Jira.
- Smartsheet to be the product calendar and tasks to be kept up to date at all times.
- Record, manage and escalate any product issues or risks identified.
- Monitor product progress and performance.
- Provide weekly status reports to the management team.
- Work closely with users to ensure that the product meets the business needs.
- Ensure that all communication to the members of the product are prioritised and added to the product tracking system.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with clients, stakeholders and suppliers.
- Manage suppliers for each product.
- Coordinate all product-related printing needs.
- Liaise with suppliers, obtain quotes, obtain approval, agree on timelines, arrange for installation and conduct a monthly recon on the relevant account.
- Communicate with the Product Manager on product requirements and log tickets on OTRS where required.
- Following business KLK guidelines for the management of each product.
- Manage user training programs when training needs are identified.
- Ensure Wiki to be updated for each product at all times (store lists, how-to documents, etc.).
- Provide vision and direction to the Agile Development team and stakeholders throughout the project and create requirements.
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on.
- Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development for the product.
- Assess value develop cases and prioritize stories and epics to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
- Provide backlog management iteration planning and elaboration of the user stories.
- Work closely with Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI.
- Lead the planning product release plans and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities.
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals.
- Incorporate feature requests into product roadmap.
- Assist the Product Manager with monthly reporting.
- Assist with internal and external communication improving transparency and radiating information.
- Provide all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible and leading by example.
- Facilitation of daily stand-up meetings, facilitate meetings, schedule demo meetings and decision-making processes in order to ensure quick inspection and proper use of adaptation process.
- Assist with any ad hoc duties that may arise.
- Matric/Grade 12 or equivalent certificate essential.
- Certified Agile Coach, Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Professional Scrum Master (PSM), SAFeCertified Scrum.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a similar role of which 1-3 years needs to be as a Scrum Master or Product.
- Scrum Master experience.
- Experience within an Agile environment.
- Experience leading teams using Agile methodologies.
- Owner with Agile teams.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Word and Excel, e-mail, internet).
- Own reliable transport with a valid driver’s license.
- Product Management/Owner qualification.
- Master’s or similar.
- Shares and communicates their feedback effectively so that it will lead the team to the success path.
- Build and maintain a relationship with the stakeholders.
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame retribution or being judged with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Understands how to be Agile and realizes the fact that requirements will change with time and how to adapt the changes without breaking cadence of the team.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Possess excellent command of the English language.
- Strong analytical, technical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Creative thinker with a vision.
- Excellent planning abilities.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Able to cope with pressure and deadlines in a fast-moving environment.
- Ability to shield team from outside distractions and interferences.
- Adapts easily to change.
- Can grasp and interpret technical processes and procedures efficiently.
- Meticulous with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work in a team, with the willingness to put in extra effort and time when the team is under pressure.